With the top 10 best window fans reviewed by us, you can revitalize your mood with some fresh air. Are you facing the problem of limited space? Do you want to stay cool in the unbearable heat and cannot fit an air conditioner? Each of the window fans reviewed fit into your existing windowpane to improve ventilation in your place. Whether it is an apartment or home the fan will purify the air to make your living more bearable.
Also see: Best Outdoor Solar Lights in 2018
Best Window Fans in 2018
10. Holmes HBF2010A-WM
The window fan from Holmes has a massive fan cased in a box-shaped frame. You have three-speed settings with a powerful motor. There is a handle making it comfortable for you to move. The frameworks made of metal and the blade is 20-inches. You can only buy it in a white color and the power cords hidden away. The biggest problem you will face is the loud noise and the motor consumes a lot of power.
- The fan casings made of metal and have a carry handle
- The grill you can remove for cleaning
- Has a 20-inch blade and white exterior
- The frame has a box shape and fits a 21 x 21 x 4.5-inch windowpane
9. Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan
The dual fan unit fits easily in a window and has a two-speed setting. The motor is water resistant and you can even use it on rainy days. With the extender, you can secure it to larger windows as well. The two fans work separately and you can reverse the spin to limit the speed without hindering the other one. The noise is moderate, but the power cord is a bit on the short side.
- Designed with a dual-blade operation and has a two-setting speed with manual-reverse air flow control
- The motor is water resistant to use on rainy days
- Suitable to fit double hung and slider windows
- Has an extender screen with a panel
- The blade is 6-inches
- One-year Warranty
8. Holmes HABF120W Window Fan
The next window fan from Holmes has a 10-inch diameter and suitable to use in smaller windows. The unit is lightweight and easy to move around if needed. The great thing about this appliance is that you can use it as a desk fan as well. For personal use at home, it is perfect. A big negative for the unit is the poorly situated power cord. The airflow might not be as powerful as a dual-fan option.
- Designed with a single 10-inch fan blade
- Lightweight design to use as a window or desk fan
- Two-speed settings to control the air flow
- One-year Warranty
7. Bionaire Compact Window Fan
Here we have a three-fan design to keep you nice and refreshed right through the summer. The size of the units small and you can optimize the speed of the fan according to your needs. On each side of the appliance, you have a locking system to fit a regular sized window. Furthermore, it is equipped with a manual control that works with a dial to set the thermostat. While using the Bionaire you will need to oil the motor frequently.
- Made with a triple fan with manual control to set the temperature
- Has a locking extender on each side of the frame to fit larger room windows
- Can buy the unit in a black or white color with or without digital or manual control
- You can place it horizontal or vertical
- Five-year Warranty
6. Comfort Zone CZ310R
The Comfort Zone offers you a powerful motor with dual fan structure to keep your living space cool. There is a three-speed control to set the temperature and it has a turbo blade for maximum airflow. The appliance works quietly and will not disturb you during the night. You can even control the window fan remotely. Furthermore, you can purchase the unit in a 9-inch portable twin fan design as well.
- Designed with a 9-inch turbofan blade to help with a maximum airflow
- Has a three-speed setting and controlled with the included remote
- You can expand the unit to fit up to 37-inch windows
- Comprise three fan function: circulates, cool, exhaust
- The fan motors reversible
- The feet are removable for tabletop use
- One-year Warranty
5. Holmes Window Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat
Here is another window fan with multiple fans and reversible for each fan. The unit is lightweight at 8 pounds and has an uninterrupted air intake. You can mount it in any double hung or slider window and the extender screen adjusts. For securing into larger windows, the extender panel locks in place. The thermostats manually operated and have a three-speed setting.
- Suitable to fit slider and double hung windows
- Designed with a dual fan that has six blades each with manual control
- The motor is water resistant
- There are an extender screen and panel that locks the fan in place when used in larger windows
- You can control the fan motors individually and it has three speeds
- Three-years Warranty
4. Lasko Reversible Window Fan
For economical power users, the Lasko window fan is one of the best available. The Lasko 2138 model has two fans and fits a 25 x 12-inch window. There are two levels of speed for each fan and controlled manually with dials. The installation is easy and has an expander panel for the best custom fit. You can use it standing on the floor with the included snap-on feet. The unit does not come equipped with a filter and has no sealing on the frame to prevent water from entering the unit.
- Two reversible and separately controlled motors
- Works quietly and has a two-speeds
- Designed with expander panel and fits standard to larger windows
- Can use it standing on the floor with the included snap-on feet
- The thermostat senses the room temperature to turn it on/off automatically
- Include a fused plug for safety
3. Bionaire Twin Window Fan with Remote Control
Here is an attractive twin blade unit you can control remotely. The display has LED indicators and you can program the thermostat. You can place it hanging or slide it in at the bottom of the window. A big negative is that the fan does not lock when in an idle state and it is difficult to keep clean.
- Include a remote control and the unit has LED indicators
- Designed with a digital programmable thermostat with three speeds
- Fits a double hung, slider, or casement window
- Made with an extender for a custom fit
- The fan blades 8.5-inches long and controlled separately
- Five-year Warranty
2. Lasko Reversible Window Fan
The next window fan has a metal structure, but only has one fan. The fan blade is 16-inches long and pushes out enough cool air to keep your room cool. You can expand the unit to fit a 26.5 x 22-inch window and it is ETL listed for saving power. As it does have a larger fan, it does produce some noise when working.
- The unit is ETL listed and equipped with a fused safety plug
- You can close the window even with the fan in place
- Designed with 16-inch paddle blades
- The side panels extendable to fit larger windows
1. AirKing Whole House Window Fan
Here we have one of the best window fans that are OSHA approved. The unit is able to keep a whole house cool depending on the size. The appliance is equipped with a 1/6hp motor with three-speed control. On the front are a rotary switch and the frames made of plastic. The steel grill has a powder coating to prevent corrosion and it has a safe power cord. The fan is big and difficult to move from one room to another.
- No need of lubricating the motor as it is permanently oiled
- Designed with a painted steel grill and fan blade
- Equipped with a powerful 1/6hp motor with three adjustable speeds
- Fits standard size window
- Has a front mounted rotary switch
- Made with a plastic housing and OSHA approved
After browsing through the top 10 best window fans reviewed, we hope you find one that fits in with your lifestyle and needs. Each unit has their own special features to fit into a standard or larger window. No matter which one you decide to pick, each fan offers you the best to keep you refreshed and cool throughout the summer.