With the help of one good USB Wi-Fi adapter, you don’t require any sort of wiring to connect your laptop to the router to get the internet connection. USB Wi-Fi adapters are a small-sized device which acts as a Wi-Fi and impart connection to your laptop without any hassle. This is best if you are always traveling and need good internet connectivity with you all the time. This small USB Wi-Fi adapter device makes sure that you are getting an internet connection without any messy and tangled wires and makes working pretty easily.
If you are also fed up with your wires that need to be connected to the laptop or other routers to get the internet connection then the content below will help you to a great extent. Here, after thoroughly examining the top ten best USB Wi-Fi adapters of the year we have enlisted them with their major features and specifications. These USB Wi-Fi adapters are loved by all since they cater every need of the user. Easy to install and set up they have emerged out as the most promising devices to make the work easy and simple. So without wasting any time further let us take an insight to these best USB Wi-Fi adapters and decide which one will suit your preferences.
See more Best Wi-Fi System of 2021
Best USB Wi-Fi Adapter of 2017
10. BrosTrend 1200Mbps USB WiFi Network Adapter
The USB Wi-Fi Adapter from BrosTrend has taken a leap in the recent past in the market as it got incorporated with every required feature and specifications to allure the people worldwide. Working perfectly with laptops, desktops, and computers this USB Wi-Fi Adapter is loved by all. No matter whether you have windows 10 or Vista and XP the USB Wi-Fi Adapter from Brostrend will get the compatibility to make your work easy and hassle-free.
Coming in the dimensions of 3.1 x 1 x 0.3 inches, it weighs only 0.48 ounces and has emerged out as one of the best so far in the category of USB Wi-Fi Adapters. From giving you a wonderful internet connection to play video games and get the live streaming of the videos, it also caters the need of viewing music videos and movies in the HD. Here are the major pros and cons of the product:
• It can work with any Wi-Fi router without any disruption in connection.
• It gives a fast 1200 Mbps wireless speed.
• One need to download the driver from the website if there is Windows 10 installed in your device
9. NETGEAR AC1200 Wi-Fi USB Adapter High Gain Dual Band USB 3.0 (A6210-100PAS)
The next product in the category of USB Wi-Fi adapter comes from NetGear which is again one promising device to get a fast internet connection. Since it endows a great range for every user, the performance goes uninterrupted. It is good compatibility with USB 2.0 and 3.0 people have loved it so far when it comes to the best USB Wi-Fi adapter. Even the newest 11ac Wi-Fi devices work really well with the USB Wi-Fi adapter of NetGear.
The weight of this product is only 8 ounces and can be carried in the pocket to any place. Coming with the dimensions of 6.4 x 5.3 x 1.6 inches, it is adored by all for superior performances. Now let us take an insight into the potential advantages and disadvantages of the product.
• The presence of high gain antennas elevates the performance of the device manifolds.
• Along with beamforming feature that boosts up the speed multiple times, there is a wonderful range coverage and thus reliability with this product.
• Although the performance of this product is wonderful the only con which is related to it is one need to update the driver regularly to keep up its functionality.
8. Linksys Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3.0 Adapter (WUSB6300)
The USB Wi-Fi adapters from Linksys as yet another great product in the list to look upon. From their enthralling features to wonderful performance everything has managed it to gain the attention of the users. Since the device supports every version of the windows, it is liked by all. From XP, Vista to Windows 7, 8 and 10, it works well with all of them.
Coming in the dimensions of 6.1 x 5.3 x 2.4 inches the USB Wi-Fi adapter from Linksys weighs just 5.28 ounces and you can carry to anywhere in the pocket. With its wonderful compatibility with all the routers present in the market, it is a perfect device to get to work hassle-free. The major pros and cons of USB Wi-Fi adapter from Linksys are:
• It not only supports the Wi-Fi protected setup but also works really well with WPA, WPA2, and WEP.
• The speed of this USB wi-fi adapter ranges from 300 MBPS to 867 MBPS.
• For a quick installation of the device, the need for CD drive becomes essential.
7. Edimax EW-7811Un 150Mbps 11n Wi-Fi USB Adapter
The USB Wi-Fi Adapter from Edimax is one of those products which is not only wonderful in its outlook but also works wonderfully by endowing all the desirable features. Owing to its nano-size it becomes the best device to put in the pocket and take anywhere. Supporting windows along with Raspberry, Linux and Mac OS it is one of the best USB Wi-Fi adapters of the time.
Coming in black and gold color this USB Wi-Fi adapter from Edimax weighs only 0.96 ounces and has the dimensions of 5.5 x 3.5 x 0.7 inches. The product is designed in such a way that it didn’t create any hindrance in transmitting the signals. The main pros and cons of the device include the following:
• It can support speed up to 150 MBPS and give s a great coverage.
• Since it also supports Wi-Fi multimedia, a quick access to live video streaming and music becomes easy.
• Although the device claims to be compatible with Raspberry Pi people face little difficulty while working in it.
6. TRENDnet Dual Band USB Wi-Fi Adapter
Supporting and being compatible with Windows as well as Mac OS X, the USB Wi-Fi adapter from TRENDnet is loved by every user. Since it gives a great speed the performance goes up to the mark and thus an uninterrupted work for a long period of time. The speed from USB Wi-Fi adapter of TREND net ranges from 5GHz 433Mbps to 2.4GHz 150mbps giving a super fast streaming and gaming sessions.
With the dimensions of 1.5 x 0.3 x 0.8 inches, this small device weighs only 0.48 ounces and perfecto carry anywhere easily. For an easy and hassle-free wireless connectivity relying on USB Wi-Fi adapter from TRENDnet could be one smart choice. Now let us take an insight into its major advantages and disadvantages.
• The installation of the device is very quick as it comes along with an installation guide.
• It has a warranty of three years.
• While the device is wonderful with its functions, the pace where it lacks is it needs a quick upgradation while working with Windows 10.
You might also like: Best USB Headsets
5. Edimax AC1200 Wi-Fi USB Adapter
The next wonderful product in the category is from Edimax again. Edimax has made a remarkable place in the market when it comes to its USB Wi-Fi adapters and this product is no exception. From its nano-sized design to wonderful performances, it has alluded the people a lot and thus becomes one of the best USB Wi-Fi adapters of the time.
With the size of just 0.8 x 0.6 x 0.2 inches, it weighs 0.16 ounces but gives great connectivity and coverage while working. Perfect to use with Windows and Mac OS this device comes in black and silver color and look great all together. Giving the speed of 300 MBPS in 2.4 GHz, it is one perfect product to look upon. Here are the main advantages and disadvantages associated with it:
• It supports the beamforming technology which bestows a strong connectivity with a great coverage as well.
• It gives a high level of security owing to its feature WEP, WPA, and WPA2 encryption.
• People have encountered difficulty with 5G as there was weak signal and thus require upgradation.
4. TRENDnet AC1200 Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter
TREND net has made a reliable place in the market when there is a good competition in the field of USB Wi-Fi adapters. The AC1200 from TRENDnet is one of the best when it comes to speed and reliability over the internet connectivity. Since its performance is up to the mark there didn’t remain any reason to doubt the authenticity. Giving speed up to 300 Mbps is one of the best features of it.
While the dimensions of the USB Wi-Fi adapter from TRENDnet are 8 x 2 x 6 inches, it weighs only 0.64 ounces and is perfect to take anywhere. Since the compatibility ranges from standard wireless and networks, it is preferred over many similar brands. The major advantages and disadvantages of the product are as follows:
• It gives one-touch connection to the user with the help of which with just one touch it can connect to the router.
• It has a great coverage with 100 meters indoor and 300 meters outdoor.
• The only con related to it is one need to install the latest drivers from the TRENDnet for its smooth functioning.
3. EW-7833UAC AC1750 Dual-Band Wi-Fi USB Edimax3.0 Adapter
The next wonderful product is again from Edimax. From wonderful speed to a great connectivity this USB Wi-Fi adapter from Edimax is considered to be one of the fascinating products of the time. It can support Windows along with Mac and Linux making it a great USB Wi-Fi adapter to look upon.
While the dimensions of the device are 8 x 5.5 x 1.5 inches, the weight is only 4 ounces and all this makes it one perfect USB Wi-Fi adapter to work with. With its fast speed, the streaming of videos and gaming sessions become even more enjoyable. The main pros and cons related to the device are as follows:
• It supports the beamforming technology with the help of which the signal strength never seizes and coverage remains on par.
• With the help of MIMO technology, it endows a great functionality and high-class performance.
• Installation is sometimes troublesome otherwise this product is finest of all.
2. Linksys Max-Stream AC600 Dual-Band MU-MIMO USB Adapter (WUSB6100M)
The USB Wi-Fi adapters from Linksys have made a remarkable place in the market with its alluring features and specifications. The speed provided by this device is wonderful if you are into live streaming and gaming. The small and compact design makes it bets to take anywhere inside the pocket. It not only supports Windows but works well with Mac as well as Linux.
With the size of 0.5 x 0.7 x 1.6 inches and weight of 0.16 ounces, this USB Wi-Fi adapter from Linksys could be your one-stop destination to look upon. Now let us give a thought to some of the major pros and cons of this device.
• With it’s easy to install, plug and play it has surpassed many such devices of competitors.
• It supports beamforming technology with the help of which there occur great coverage and accessibility to the network.
• One needs to update the drivers for the smooth functioning of the device.
1. Trendnet AC1900 High Power Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter, TEW-809UB
The best in the category of USB Wi-Fi adapter comes from TRENDnet. They indeed have taken a leap in the market in the recent past. From its alluring performance to great design and functionality it has won the hearts of many people. Thus it becomes the best one to look upon.
The dimensions of this USB Wi-Fi adapter is just 8 x 6 x 2.4 inches. And it weighs 11.2 ounces. With its high rated performance and wireless accessibility to the internet, it is one perfect USB adapter to install in the home and offices. Here are the main pros and cons of the device of the product making it worthwhile.
• It gives speed as high as 1300 Mbps. Users can enjoy live games, streaming videos and much more.
• There are detachable antennas which elevate the coverage of the internet connectivity manifolds.
• The only drawback of this device is you need to install the driver for a smooth functioning.
These USB Wi-Fi adapters work very well in providing an easy access to the internet to the users. With their good compatibility with different versions, they are liked by almost every user. The user-friendly interface and great connectivity are the add-ons of the USB Wi-Fi adapters which allures people the most.
So now that you also get a detailed know-how of each one of them individually, it’s high time to select the best USB Wi-Fi adapter for yourself to make the work easy and hassle-free.
Also check: Best Bike Rear Rack in 2021