For a dependable backyard maintenance tool, you need a weed eater to trim the edges once done mowing the grass. But which landscaping tool is the best for your needs? We have taken out the guesswork by selecting the top 10 best string trimmers available on the market for you. They come in a variety of sizes with different functions, and the brands are reliable. So if you want to perform quick trimming tasks at home to clean it up pick one of these models to use with your lawnmower today.
Also see: Top 10 Best Riding Lawn Mowers in 2018
Best String Trimmers
10. GreenWorks String Trimmer
For an affordable lightweight weed eater, the GreenWorks string trimmer here is perfect. The electrically powered tool has a four-amp motor with 13-inch cutting diameter. The dual-line auto-feed system feeds the line without you needing to bump the machine. With the touch of a button, the electric start quickly revs up for fast trimming. The telescopic handle adjusts to your height and comes with a convenient cord-lock.
- Weighs 5.2 lbs and has an electric start
- Suitable for small to medium-sized yards
- Has a 13-inch cut path with auto-feed and telescopic handle
- Made with a 4 amp motor
9. Remington RM2510 Weed Eater
Everyone knows the Remington brand for top-rated hair trimmers and shavers. Here we have one of the best-powered lawn tools the RM2510 string trimmer and edger. Not only is the machine affordable it is reliable as well. The curved shaft sits comfortable in hand and powered by a 25cc two-cycle engine. The cutting width is 16-inches to tackle vast areas of grass without stopping. The trimmer has a quick start and lightweight design.
- Weighs 13.6 lbs and has a curved shaft
- The gas trimmers equipped with a 25cc two-cycle engine with Quick Start
- The cutting path is 16-inches and has a dual line bump head
8. GreenWorks 21142 String Trimmer
The next weed eater is a corded trimmer with outstanding cutting power. The 21102 model from GreenWorks runs on a 10-amp electric motor and has a straight shaft. The dual line bump feed ensures that you do not run out of line when trimming. The cutting path is 18-inches to help reduce your time spent in the garden. The apparatus weighs 8.14 lbs and comes with an electric start switch.
- Equipped with a 10 amp motor and straight shaft
- Made with a dual line bump feed
- Lightweight at 8.14 lbs and comes with a cord lock function
- The cutting path is 18-inches
- The handle has a cushion grip with telescopic design
7. Black & Decker LSTE525
For a top trimmer available in 2018 look at the LSTE525 weed eater here. The tool has a wheeled edger and part of the Black & Decker PowerCommand line. The device is powered by two 1.5 AH lithium ion batteries and comes with a power drive transmission. For an extended runtime, it has a two-speed control with a cutting swath of 12-inches. The easy-feed system ensures that you do not need to bump the line.
- Designed with easy feed, power boost, powercut and so much more
- Converts from a trimmer to a wheeled edger
- Equipped with two 1.5 AH batteries and has a two-speed control
- The cutting path is 12-inches and offers you between 5,500 – 7,200 RMP cutting power
6. Black & Decker LST136W String Trimmer
For one of the most fremarkable garden tools in its class look at the LST136W weed eater from Black & Decker. With the cordless design, you can move around with ease. The 40-volt MAX lithium-ion battery offers a fantastic runtime. There is no need of manually pulling the line as the automatic feed spool feeds the line as needed. You can decide how much powers required with PowerCommand Dial between 8500 RPM and 6500 RPM.
- Converts from a trimmer to an edger by turning the shaft
- Comes with an automatic feed spool
- You can set the weed eater with the PowerCommand dial between maximum power and runtime
- Equipped with a 40V lithium battery
- Has a 13-inch cutting swatch with tool-free adjustment
- Made with a PowerDrive transmission
- Lightweight at 9.8 lbs to use in medium-sized yards
5. WORX WG163 GT Weed Eater
For a powerful string trimmer with long runtime, you need the WORX WG163 GT model. The cordless design makes it easier for you to move around the yard and offers a 12-inch cutting diameter. You do not need to bump the tool with the instant line feed, and the handle adjusts to a perfect height. The dual space guard keeps the plants protected and works as an edging guide.
- Converts from a trimmer to edging
- Comes with an automatic feed spool
- Equipped with two 20V lithium battery
- Has a 12-inch cutting swatch with tool-free adjustment
- Made with an Innovative Command Feed Spool and the line length is 10-feet
- Has a dual spacer guard to protect plants
- Comprise a telescopic tilting shaft
- Lightweight at 5.3 lbs
4. WORX WG160 String Trimmer
Nothing is more functional and versatile to use than the WORX WG160 weed eater. The tool can trim, mow and edge with the dual-position wheels. For a small yard, the garden tools perfect and come at an affordable price. The batteries rechargeable and the cordless design make it easier for you to work.
- Weights 5.7 pounds
- Can use it as a trimmer, edging or mowing
- Equipped with a 20-volt lithium battery
- Designed with a quick release telescopic tilting shaft and handle
- Made with a dual spacer guard to protect vegetation
- Has a single line automatic feed with 12-inch cutting width
3. EGO Power+ String Trimmer
For a leading line in power tools, nothing compares to the EGO Power+ range. The weed eater offers you a 15-inch cutting path and available in a cordless design. Furthermore, it has a brushless motor powered by a 56-volt battery. You can feed more line while working the bump-feed head and has an aluminum shaft with adjustable lengths.
- Equipped with Arc lithium batteries
- Wide 15-inch cutting path
- Weather-resistant design
- Made with a brushless motor with variable speed
- The handle extends and provides you with an in-line grip
2. DEWALT Weed Eater
The DCST920P1 string trimmer from DEWALT is a durable power tool with impressive power. The equipment powered with a 20-volt 5.0Ah lithium-ion battery and have a brushless motor. The dual line with bump feed offers you 13-inches of cutting swath. Furthermore, the weed eater comes with variable speed control and a gear drive.
- Equipped with a 20-volt 5Ah lithium-ion battery and charger
- Made with a brushless motor and variable speed trigger
- The cutting width is 13-inches and has a dual line with bump feed
- The RPM is between 0-6,000
1. Husqvarna String Trimmer
The next weed eater from Husqvarna has a gas-powered four-stroke engine. You have not need of mixing oil and fuel with this machine. The smart start engine and system help remove air from the carburetor and starts up quickly. Further, it has a flex-drive straight shaft and bevel gear with loop handle. The unit weighs 17 lbs and can handle any large garden.
- Made with a four-stroke smart start engine and gas powered
- Starts easily as the air purge removes the air from the carburetor and fuel system
- Weights 17 lbs and works with any thickness of the string
- Suitable for large properties
If you own a lawnmower, the chance is you need a weed eater as well. With the top 10 best string trimmers reviewed on our list, you can find a reliable one for your trimming needs. No matter what type of trimmer you need we have an electric to gas-powered model here.
Also check: Top 10 Best Lawn Mowers in 2018