The new watches available on the market are more than just a timepiece. The watch can be your phone, gives you weather forecast and wakes you up in the morning. Are you into sports it can also be your personal trainer. Here we have the best smart watch for running packed with fitness, sports apps, and GPS tracking. The sports smart watches reviewed here can keep track of your distance, steps, heart rate, calories burned and more. Therefore, if you are an athlete in need of a smart wearable view the top 10 best fitness smartwatches you can buy. Whether you are a runner, gym fanatic, or in need of keeping track of your fitness, we are, sure you will find a suitable one here with us.
Top Smart Watch for Running
10. Garmin Forerunner 15
Garmin remains one of the top contenders when it comes to making fitness watches. You can see this in the Forerunner 15 a devoted, smartwatch for the athlete. You can track your pace, calories, distance and use it with an optional heart rate monitor. For the health fanatic, it reminds you when it is time to move and tracks your fitness goals indoors and outdoors.
- Available in an assortment of colors
- Keeps track of your calories burned, pace, distance, and you can share your activities online
- Has GPS tracking and you can use it with an optional heart rate monitor
- Can use it with a foot pod to record your distance indoors
- Built-in rechargeable battery with up to 8-hours use with the GPS on
- The water rating of the Forerunner 15 is 5ATM and can be submerged in 50-meters of water
- Has a 0.98 x 0.94-inch display and weighs 1.44 ounces
9. TomTom Spark 3
Here we have another GPS Fitness Watch made for the serious athlete. You can measure your pace, distance, time, and it gives you live stats. Inside the watch is an activity tracker to capture your active minutes, calories, burned, your sleep, and much more. You can set up goals for yourself and soon you will have over 50 workouts available to use.
- Available in Aqua or Black
- Offers you 24/7 activity tracking and phone notifications
- Has a waterproof design up to 40-meters
- Presents you with multiple sports modes and personalized workouts
- Has route exploration with advanced training modes
- You get access to the TomTom Sports Companion App
- The watch straps customizable
- When used in non-GPS mode, you get up to 11-hours of use
- Suitable to connect to your iPhone and Android
8. TomTom Runner Smart Watch
Do you need the best smart watch for running at a reasonable price? You need the TomTom Runnermade for the active athlete. You can use the timepiece with GPS to keep track of your distance, calories burned, and pace. Receive live stats of your progress. The display is large and has a one-button control with a lightweight design made for joggers.
- You can pick your favorite color from four watch styles
- Designed with GPS Running to keep track of your progress with live stats
- Can use the QuickGPSFix to find a location quickly
- Has a lightweight design with a large display and one control button
- You can pair it with a heart rate monitor strap and provides you different training programs
- Connects wirelessly to your computer to upload data
- The TomTom Graphical Training Partner helps you to achieve your goals
- Can use it indoors while running on the treadmill
- 5ATM waterproof and has a battery life of up to 10-hours in GPS mode
7. Polar M400 Smart Watch
The Polar M400 is a smart watch for running and with you every step of the way. You get built-in GPS and present you with running cadence right on your wrist. It shows your recovery status and offers training targets. You can customize the sports profiles and it has a running index and program. The watch will notify from your phone and alerts you when you are inactive.
- Four color styles available
- Keeps you social with the smart notifications and alerts you when you are not moving
- You get access to a free app and web service
- Keeps track of your progress 24/7 and you can also keep track of your sleep pattern
- Built-in smart heart rate sensor and you can follow your progress with Polar Flow
- The watch weighs 0.32 ounces
6. Garmin Vivoactive Smartwatch
With the following smartwatch for running, you get an ultra-thin design with a high-resolution display. The color touchscreen displays visible to read in sunlight and GPS-enabled. You can keep track of different sports activities from golf to swimming. Pair it with your phone to receive smart notifications and more.
- Available in black or white
- The timepiece has an ultra-thin design with color touchscreen
- Built-in GPS to keep track of running, swimming, biking and more
- Connects to your smartphone to keep up to date with notifications when working out
- The battery lasts up to 10-hours in GPS mode
- Can pair it with a heart rate monitor chest strap
- Incorporated into the smartwatch is sports apps to track your activity stats
- 5ATM water rating suitable for swimming
- You can control tunes on your phone or music players
- Wireless connections up to 30-feet
5. Motorola Moto 360 Sport Smartwatch
Here we have another stylish, smart watch for running. Connect it to your smartphone and receive notifications on your wrist. The watch face has a round design with edge-to-edge glass and thin bezel. The quick release band you can swap out with the Moto 360 2nd Gen straps. Use the Moto Body fitness tracker to keep stats of your calories, heart rate, steps, and more.
- Available in black, white, and red
- You can stay connected with your smartphone to receive notifications on your wrist
- Has a round design with edge-to-edge glass and thin bezel
- The band you can swap out with the 2nd Gen Moto 360 straps
- Keep track of your health and fitness with the Moto Body fitness tracker
- Built-in GPS for real-time tracking
- IP67 rated against water splashes and dust
- Has a built-in dual digital microphone
4. Garmin Forerunner 225
The Garmin Forerunner 225 is the best smartwatch for running. The fitness watch presents you with colorful graphics interfaces to track pace, distance, heart rate and much more. There is an accelerometer built-in to keep track of your distance when running indoors. The timepiece automatically connects to the Garmin Connect for live tracking.
- Available in black
- Built-in GPS tracking and connects to Garmin Connect for live tracking
- You can view your data in the colorful graphics display
- When saving your run data it updates automatically to your smartphone when in range
- Has a wrist-based heart rate sensor
- Customize your goals and workouts
3. Garmin Forerunner 235
The Garmin Forerunner 235 is another fitness smartwatch with a wrist-based heart rate sensor and GPS tracking. The Transflective Memory-in-Pixel screens visible in daylight and you can customize the watch according to your needs. When connected to your smartphone, you receive audio prompts including laps and lap times.
- Available in black
- Designed with GPS and a wrist-based heart rate sensor
- Has a large screen to keep track of your training
- Receive audio prompts when connected to your smartphone
- Has a battery life up to 11-hours in GPS mode
- Provides you with a VO2 estimate of oxygen needed during your activity
2. Sony Fitness Smart Watch
The smart watch for running has a white classic band with an IP68 water protection. The watch has an Android Wear platform with apps available to keep track of your health and fitness. The timepiece has built-in ambient light, compass, accelerometer, GPS, and Gyro sensors.
- Available in white
- IP68 water protected
- Built-in accelerometer, ambient light, GPS, Gyro, Compass
- Receive notifications and voice commands with the Android Wear platform
- Can use it with voice control and you can use it offline by uploading music and more
1. Suunto Ambit3 Sports Watch
To receive updated information on your speed, heart rate, distance, and more you need the Suunto Ambit3 smartwatch for running. The timepiece has a fantastic battery to use up to 100-hours and it even records your heart rate while swimming. No matter what sports you take part in the Ambit3 is your health and fitness tracker that is always by your side.
- Available in red, black and blue
- Suitable to use with different sports activities
- Built-in GPS for real-time fitness tracking
- Plan your workouts with the Suunto Movescount App and get voice guidance
- Do a recovery test and use the route navigation
- 5ATM water rated and suitable to keep track of your heart rate when swimming
- Rechargeable battery with up to 25-hours in GPS mode
With the best smart watch for running, there is no more need of using different devices to track your health & fitness progress. The sports watch reviews here present you with waterproof designs, long-lasting battery use, built-in GPS and so much more. Pick a multi-sports watch today, and throw away all the other gadgets keeping you back.