The best investment you can make to keep your large yard maintained is a self-propelled mower. If you have slopes to mow and find it difficult to maneuver around and over them with your old lawn mowers the self-propelled model is the best option. The truth is that grass never stops growing and for establishing the best turf care routine, you need the correct equipment. With one of the models on the top 10 best self-propelled lawn mowers list here, you get power and versatility. They are the most common choice and offer you a blend of horsepower, waste management, and manual control. Check the mowers out now and decide for yourself, which one is the best on the list.
Also see: Top 10 Best Pop Up Canopy in 2018
Best Self-Propelled Lawn Mowers
10. PowerSmart Gas Mower
For the small yard, you need the PowerSmart self-propelled lawn mower powered by gas. The machine is comfortable to operate and equipped with a 159cc engine. The piece of equipment has a three cutting system with side discharge, mulching, and rear bag. No matter what terrain you have at home the lawn mower can handle it. The deck has a durable steel structure and the swath and heights adjustable.
- Equipped with a 159cc gas engine
- Designed with a 21-inch mowing deck made of steel
- The container has an 18-gallon capacity and mounts/releases easily
- Capable of mulching, bagging clippings, and discharging the grass by the side
- Made with a five-position height setting
- Comprise a three cutting system
9. Yard Machines Mower
The following self-propelled lawn mower from Yard Machines is a fantastic piece of equipment. The 159cc OHV gas engine can easily handle small to medium size terrain. The front-wheel-drive system makes it easier to move and comes with single forward speed. The cutting width is 21-inches and comes with a dual-lever height adjustment. You can mulch or side discharge with the machine. The only negative is it does not come with a discharge bag.
- Two-year Warranty
- Equipped with a 159cc OHV gas engine and self-propelled
- Suitable for small to medium yards
- Designed with front-wheel drive and single forward speed
- Has a 21-inch cutting width
- Outfitted with a dual-lever height adjuster
- Can side discharge and mulch
- Made with high clearance and you need to set the front and rear wheels individually
8. Troy-Bilt TB330 Rear Wheel Drive Lawn Mower
The TB330 from Troy-Bilt is another self-propelled lawnmower with a powerful Briggs & Stratton 163cc engine. Furthermore, the motors equipped with ReadyStart and TriAction cutting system for a clean even cut. With the single lever, you can achieve variable speeds for comfort and control. Another fantastic feature is the three-in-one system providing you the choice of three options when cutting, mulching, using the side discharge, or bagging.
- Three-year Warranty
- Rear Wheel Drive Self-Propelled Lawnmower
- Equipped with a Briggs & Stratton 163cc gas engine
- Designed with a TriAction cutting system with a 21-inch cutting width
- Built-in deck wash with a single-lever four top speed drive
- Can mulch, bag, or do side discharge
- The bag has a 1.9-bushel capacity
- Adjustable handle and has six different cutting heights
7. Remington Pathfinder Electric Start Lawn Mower
The Remington brand signifies quality when it comes to providing you with self-propelled lawn mowers. The Pathfinder is one of these beautiful pieces of equipment with electric start gas engine. The cutting deck is 21-inches and offers you a SureCut blade system. You can discharge, bag or mulch and comes with the rear bag included. Select your cutting height from six settings with the dual-lever. While the electric start is battery powered, you will have to buy the charger separately.
- Two-year Warranty
- Equipped with a 159cc OHV engine that has a self-propelled front wheel drive
- Easy to start with the electric start system
- Designed with a 21-inch cutting deck to the bag, side discharge, and mulch
- Made with a dual-lever and six height adjustments
- Comprise a SureCut blade that lifts the grass while circulating and cutting it
- Suitable for any terrain
6. Lawn-Boy Kohler Electric Start Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Why struggle with cutting your lawn get yourself the Lawn-Boy electric start self-propelled lawn mower. The machine has a rear-wheel drive system for better traction while moving. The Tri-Cut system lessens your time cutting the lawn. The bag capacity is enormous, and it has a three-in-one discharge. Furthermore, it is equipped with a 149cc Kohler gross torque OHV engine.
- The self-propelled lawn mower is CARB compliant to use in California
- Equipped with a 149cc Kohler XTX OHV engine
- Starts easily with the electric start and has a two-height cut system
- Three-year Warranty
- Large bag capacity with three-in-one discharge to mulch, side discharge or bag
5. GreenWorks Cordless Lawn Mower
While the GreenWorks GMAX has a cordless design, the 40V battery is not included. The lawn mower is self-propelled and equipped with a steel 21-inch deck. There is an added storage compartment to carry an extra battery to help extend the runtime. The cutting deck has mulching, bagging, and side discharge with a single lever height adjustment.
- Designed with a steel deck with the 21-inch cutting path
- Made with a self-propelled drive system
- The cutting deck can mulch, bag, or side discharge
- Has a single lever to adjust the cutting height to seven different positions
- Comprise an extra battery storage compartment to prolong the runtime
- The 40V 4Ah battery takes up to two hours to charge
4. Husqvarna Propelled Lawn Mower
For mid to heavy-duty applications, you need the Husqvarna model. The machine is self-propelled and comes with a Honda GCV 160 engine. The model has a smooth start with an auto choke. With 21-inch width, you can cut to make the grass look professional. The piece of equipment designed with a dual trigger drive with variable speed control. Whether you have a medium to large yard, the lawnmower can handle anything.
- The self-propelled lawn mower can bag and mulch
- Provides a 21-inch width cut
- Designed with rear ball-bearing wheels to move over uneven terrains
- The handle folds away for storage
- Include a dual trigger drive activation with variable speed control
3. Honda HRR216K9VKA Gas Mower
The next gas self-propelled lawn mower from Honda can bag, mulch, and discharge. The Micro-cut twin blades give an excellent cut for bagging and mulching. The steel deck is durable, and the GCV160 engine is smooth to start and comes with an auto choke. The two position handle folds away for storage and comes with ball bearing wheels. You can adjust the cutting height to six positions. The product is CARB and EPA compliant with zone start safety and manual fuel shut off.
- Made with a smart drive system and has a micro cut twin blade
- Designed with variable speed and equipped with a GCV160 engine
- The deck comprised a steel structure and outfitted with auto choke and six cutting positions
- The mower is CARB and EPA rated for safety
- Comprise manual fuel shut off and zone start safety
2. Husqvarna All-Wheel Drive Mower
The Husqvarna has an all-wheel-drive system with Honda 190cc engine that is efficient and ergonomic design. The cutting deck has a powder coating for durability with easy start engine. The four-cycle motor is sturdy to handle any terrain. Furthermore, you can mulch, bag or side discharge cuttings. The front and rear wheels have ball bearings with the auto-walk self-propelled system. The drive systems variable by squeezing the trigger found on the handlebar.
- Equipped with a four-cycle Honda 190cc engine
- Steel powder-coated deck with mulch, bag, and side discharge function
- Has a 4×4 drive rear hi-wheel for moving over different surfaces
- Designed with auto walk self-propelled wheel drive system
- The cutting width is 22-inches
- Comprise ball bearing front and rear wheels
- The handle provides three height adjustments with variable speed
1. Snapper XD Cordless Self-Propelled Walk Mower
The Snapper XD is one of the best self-propelled lawn mowers. The piece of equipment is powered by an 82V battery and cordless design. The runtime of the 2.0Ah battery is 45-minutes, and you receive two of these batteries included. Furthermore, you receive the rapid charger as well. You can bag, side discharge or mulch grass and the power adjusts to meet the cutting blades needs. You push-start the mower, and with the single lever, you can change to seven different cutting heights.
- Designed with push start button and seven position height cut adjustment using a single lever
- Variable speed with the self-propelled transmission
- The steel mowing deck is 21-inches and comes with a three-in-one design
- You can use it to cut, mulch, bag or side discharge the clippings
- The power adjusts to meet the requirement of the cutting blade
- Include two 82V Lithium-Ion batteries and comes with two of them and a rapid charger
- You can store the mower in a vertical position
- Consists of a brushless motor
Nothing is easier to use than the top 10 best self-propelled lawn mowers available on our list. Each one of the brands offers you simplicity, durability, and affordable prices. No matter what size yard you have— we are sure that you will find an excellent piece of equipment to take care of all your grass cutting needs here.
Also check: Top 10 Best Men Snow Boots in 2018