- 1 Top 6 Mini Projectors in 2018
- 1.1 1. RIF6 CUBE Pico Projector
- 1.2 2. iCodis G1 Mini Projector
- 1.3 3. ASUS S1 Pocket Projector
- 1.4 4. AAXA P300 Micro Projector
- 1.5 5. LG PH550 Minibeam Projector
- 1.6 6. Optoma ML750ST LED Projector
- 2 Conclusion
Whether you are an executive or in need of some home entertainment, buying the best mini projectors in 2018 is more than enough.This projector is light in weight, compact enough, and packed with amazing features to take with you anywhere. The device fits into your pocket and the best of all it will blow your mind away once it is set up.The Pico Projector offers you portability, outstanding picture quality, and versatility. Play a movie indoors or outdoors or use it for your next presentation.
Mini projectors may look similar in size to a large mobile phone but with the design of a box. The great thing is you can connect your Android or iOS smart devices to the Pico to use as a video output device.Even the battery use is decent to last a while. With us, you can find different home theater projectors and even a budget-friendly mini projector to fit into your budget.This tool is great to use in the home and even offers you everything you need to use it in a business.
See more Best 4k Projectors in 2018
Top 6 Mini Projectors in 2018
1. RIF6 CUBE Pico Projector
There is nothing cuter than the RIF6 CUBE Pico Projector. The mini projectors received the best design you can ever ask for. In a silver color, this device measures 2 x 2 x 1.9-inches and weighs 5-ounces. Four of the sides of the cubes constructed with a single sheet of aluminum. You can slip it into your travel bag. With the shape, unfortunately, you cannot slip it into your pocket.
For charging, it has a USB Micro-B port on the side. There are headphone jack and power buttons present. A standout with this unit is microSD card slot to play presentations, images, and movies. While the mini HDMI port and a tiny focus wheel are on the opposite side of the power button. The great thing is the HDMI ports MHL-enabled to connect your mobile device.
The drawback with the Cube is it does not connect wirelessly. The bonus is you receive the two HDMI cables included with your purchase and it is compatible with Samsung devices. Another highlight is the projector can display text files and you can play music files with it. You receive a tripod as well and the strangest of all is it mounts to the top of the cube and not the bottom.
Furthermore, you receive stylish silver with black trim remote with all the important power and charging cables. The resolution displayed is 854 x 480 pixels and produces image clarity with the 50 Lumens. Different users are in love with this device as it is a big surprise in a small box once connected.
Features and Specs:
- The RIF6 displays movies, games, and presentations
- Equipped with an internal battery, speaker, and SD card reader
- Share media while on the go by connecting your smart device to display images on a 120-inch ceiling or wall
- Made with an aluminum casing and has a modern and sleek look and weighs 5-ounces
- Uses a LED digital light source with clarity and lasts up to 20K-hours of use
- Connect to the MHL, HDMI, or Micro SD
- Has a resolution of WVGA 854 x 480 with a 1.99:1 throw ratio
- View Full High Definition 1080p content
- Image clarity is displayed via 50 Lumens
- Measures: 2 x 2 x 1.9-inches
- Transform a 5-inch display into a 120-inch one
- Computer interface using the USB
- Does not have zoom functions and cannot connect to Wi-Fi
- Battery playtime is up to 90-minutes
- One-year warranty
The RIF6 has a small and stylish design. Included you receive an outstanding tripod to use with the Pico projector. The great thing is the device is MHL-enabled to connect to smart devices and the battery is rechargeable. The touchpad gives it a great touch, but is not very responsive. There have been complaints that it has a rainbow effect when watching movies. These mini projectors are easy to use and great fit for casual use.
2. iCodis G1 Mini Projector
The iCodis is not a familiar brand when it comes to mini projectors, but is one of the best available. Compared to the iPhone 4 it looks similar in design and packed with modern technology. The iCodis G1 has a slim chocolate bar shape and loaded with features and ports in its aluminum casing with glass top. The great thing about this device is it is compatible with other Wi-Fi streaming devices.
This includes airplay, Miracast and Wi-Fi Direct. This helps you to get your movie playing on your own big screen at home. There is a MicroSD card to playback files or you can connect an external drive using the USB. Another astounding thing compared to the RIF6 the G1 can produce 100 Lumens. The only concern is that the room will need to be very dim to display bright images.
Enjoy viewing content on a screen up to 40-inches with the EDTV resolution. Need to take your mini projector with you? Slip the iCodis G1 in your pocket as the battery lasts up to 110-minutes of use.
Features and Specs:
- The G1 works with DLP Technology that is brighter than using HD LCD projection
- Offers up to 100 Lumens of brightness with a LED lamp
- The resolution is 480p with a max resolution of 1080p
- The lamp life is up to 30K-hours
- Connectivity: HDMI port to connect to your smartphone and include an HDMI cable
- Connect wirelessly and supports Miracast and Airplay plus has a TF slot and USB port
- The rechargeable battery offers you up to 110-minutes of movie watching
- One-year warranty
- Compared to the lightweight of the RIF6 the G1 weighs around 7-ounces
- Dimensions: 5.8 (L) x 3.1 (W) x 0.8-inches (H)
- View content displayed up to 120-inches
- Included with the mini projector you receive a tripod, recharging cable, HDMI cable, remote control, and a carry bag
- The projection ratio is 1.19:1 and has two speakers
- It also has a 3.5mm stereo headphone output
The G1 offers you a decent brightness in a softly lit room and best used at night. Use it while on the go with the rechargeable battery. However, best not to use it while charged as it does not allow you to watch movies and charge the battery at the same time.
The design is compact and very portable to place in your pocket. It gives off no rainbow effect and the colors accurate. Another highlight of these mini projectors is they work with a streaming stick. The speakers may not be very loud during group times. Nevertheless, remains great to watch your favorite show at night.
3. ASUS S1 Pocket Projector
Compared to other mid-level mini projectors, the ASUS S1 has some outstanding features that make it worthwhile buying. Measured against the 1st Pico model, the S1 is not one of the smallest, but remains compact. The unit has a similar design than the traditional projector, but can be deceiving, as it weighs 0.75 pounds. Constructed with an aluminum casing and has circular engravings making it look modern and sleek.
The corners of the device are rounded and on the top, you find metal buttons for managing the volume, settings, and access data. There is a fading vent on the side and has powerful hardware on the inside. The unit measures 1.3-inches high by 4.3-inches wide and has a depth of 4-inches. The included battery is rechargeable and offers you up to 3-hours of viewing.
For ease of transport, you get a soft carry case included. You get an HDMI and MHL port to connect all the latest devices. There is a 3.5mm stereo headphone out port to connect external speakers or a headphone. The great thing is the USB port has two functions. You can charge your smartphone while connected to the unit or use it to charge the powerful battery.
You receive an HDMI to USB micro B cable for MHL connectivity and an HDMI cable as well. The projector works with a 200 Lumen LED bulb and great to use with a large screen. The only downside is it still uses 854 x 480 EDTV resolutions and the room needs to be dark.
Features and Specs:
- The ASUS S1 is one of the best mini projectors when it comes to battery use – enjoy watching movies up to 3-hours with the 6000 mAh battery
- Great to use in low-lighting conditions with the DLP Technology and has a 30K-hour LED lifespan
- 200 Lumens brightness with a resolution of 854 x 480 on a 100-inch screen
- Weighs: 0.75 pounds with a short throw ratio of 1:1
- Compatible with different devices: HDMI/MHL port, USB, 3.5mm stereo jack
- Built-in Asus Sonic Master speakers
- You need to buy the Lightning Digital AV adapter to connect your iOS device or the Samsung specific MHL cable to connect your Android device
- Has a fixed zoom ratio
- Four image modes and you can mount the device to the front of a table, rear or the ceiling
- Has a tripod socket
- Dimensions: 4.35 (W) x 1.2 (H) x 4.01 (D)
- Included with your purchase you receive the S1, carrying bag, HDMI cable, MHL cable, power cord/adapter, and a year warranty
The ASUS S1 has a modest price with a short throw and long-lasting LED light source. The battery is rechargeable and you can charge other devices while connected to the projector. The unit is Android connectivity enabled with the MHL link. The compact size makes it possible for you to place it in your pocket or bag while traveling.
The negative is the brightness is on the low side and does not display small text well. Some consumers would have liked it to have a vertical adjustment as it lays flat. We recommend the mini projectors for the bedroom to watch movies or use while traveling.
4. AAXA P300 Micro Projector
One of the most important features when looking for a mini projector is the contrast ratio. You do not want it to be too low as it makes it difficult for you to view images on a screen. This is where the AAXA P300 outshines all the models reviewed here. The Pico projector offers you 400 Lumens with a contrast ratio of 813:1. Furthermore, it has a short throw distance and you can place it 4-feet from the screen.
The nice thing about the P300 is the clean and simple design. The projector has a black plastic structure and the control buttons silver. The buttons arranged in a spherical pattern with blue lights. On the bottom and sides there is a white plastic and on the front, you can see two LED lights to show the batteries charged. This is a great device to use for gaming and businesses.
Another feature compared to the other mini projectors models is that you can remove the battery pack and lasts up to an hour of use. This is not suitable for watching a long movie, but with a spare one on hand, you should be fine. The connectivity options are plenty from an HDMI, VGA, Composite A/V, USB, to microSD reader. You receive a remote to lay back and control different functions from volume to play.
Features and Specs:
- Has an HD resolution of 1280 x 800 and 1080p with the DLP Technology
- Designed with vibrant color technology and a 400 Lumen bulb with up to 20K-hours of use
- Connectivity: HDMI, 3.5 Aux Out, mini VGA, MicroSD, USB, and Composite A/V
- Has built-in speakers with an onboard media player
- Weighs: 0.97 lbs
- Dimensions: 5.9 (L) x 3.9 (W) x 1.6-inches (H)
- Offers you up to 120-inch projection
- 1280 x 800 VGA and HDMI
- Rechargeable battery with up to an hour of use
- Compatible with 4:3 and 16:9
- Receive with P300 a tripod, AV cable, VGA adapter cable, wall charger, and remote control
- Has manual focus projection lens
- One-year warranty
The P300 is a highly portable mini projector that you can use with batteries. The great thing is it reads files directly from a memory card or USB memory stick. There are loads of ports to connect external devices and offers you a bright image. The only bummer is the short battery life and at times, it is hard to focus. If you need the basic projection requirement, the AAXA P300 is ideal to watch sports and movies.
5. LG PH550 Minibeam Projector
For the best mini projector with a great portable design, the LG PH550 Minibeam will come to your rescue. This compact projector offers you outstanding connectivity and weighs 1.43 pounds. Compared to our other Pico models reviewed, this one is not lightweight, but has a built-in mirroring functioned to project content directly from your smart devices.
The LG Minibeam has a white glossy case and rounded covers with a copper colored ring inset surrounding the lens. On the top is a focus lever to bring content into focus, but lack a zoom feature. Here you can also find a 4-way controller and a central button.
On the back of the device, you have a wide selection of ports to connect different devices. As mentioned previously the HDMI port supports MHL. You can display movies, images, and documents from a USB drive and connect it wirelessly to an Android device. You can connect the projector to a DVD with the AV-in jack by using the included cable.
Alternatively, if you prefer, connect a pair of headphones to enjoy your movie in peace. While the VGA port allows you to connect the device to your computer and there is a slot to keep it safe with a Kensington lock. Other prominent features are the Bluetooth streaming for streaming sound from a compatible Bluetooth system.
The included battery offers you up to 2.5-hours of viewing with a 30K-hour lamp lifespan. The displayed 1280 x 720-resolution and contrast ratio of 100K: 1 falls into the middle-range when shopping for the best of mini projectors.
Features and Specs:
- 1280 x 720 High Definition Resolution
- Connect wirelessly to your Android or iOS device
- Designed with a Bluetooth Sound Out
- The battery offers you up to 2.5-hours of viewing
- Has up to 550 Lumens with a LED RGB lamp with 30K-hours lifespan
- 100K:1 contrast ratio
- Has a fixed zoom projection lens with manual focus
- Built-in 1W plus 1W stereo speaker with Dolby Surround Audio and Clear Voice II
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 6.9 x 1.7-inches and weigh 1.43 pounds
- Has wireless mirroring for MHL, Apple Digital AV, and Slimport
- Has a 3D optimizer and has vertical auto keystone
- Save power with the Eco function and includes a sleep timer
- Extras: joystick local key, leg-stand, tripod hole, Kensington Lock
- Receive a carry bag, quick user guide, remote control, AV cable, power cord and AV adapter
- One-year warranty
For excellent data image and video quality, the PH550 is perfect. The projector has a compact and lightweight design to take with you while on the go and is stylish at the same time. The abundant port options make it possible for you to connect different devices and the Bluetooth connectivity is a bonus. Another exceptional thing is the built-in TV tuner and the rechargeable battery. As with most of the mini projectors, the sound is not great and it does not have a zoom function.
6. Optoma ML750ST LED Projector
The Optoma ML750ST LED projector does not come cheap but is the best of all mini projectors for businesses. The whole device has a white exterior with gray rounded sides. The first thing you notice is the large lens making it great for executives to take with them to meetings.
On the top is a set of buttons to switch it on/off, adjust the image, or select the type of media you want to play. On the back, you have all the connecting points plus a Kensington lock. The nice thing is you receive a carry case to keep the projector and accessories together and great for traveling. Included with the bag you receive the connector and power cables plus a small remote control.
This is a mini projector weighing in at 14-ounces. To protect the lens you get a rubber cap that fits nice and tight over the lens. The 1280 x 800-pixel resolution is great for presentations and it upscales content to 1080i. The color is accurate and produces clear pictures with the 700 Lumens. The 0.8:1 short throw ratio is impressive for the best image quality.
For businesses, this is great as people can sit up close while viewing large content. You get enough connectivity options that include the latest HDMI port, 3.5mm audio output, USB port and a microSD slot. What makes this Pico projector stand out is the built-in document reader to project different file formats. The only drawback is the battery as it does not have one and needs a connection to a power outlet at all times.
Features and Specs:
- The ML750ST is High Definition ready and uses LED Technology
- MHL, HDMI ready and offers you optional wireless connection
- Short throw projection for viewing 50-inch diagonal images from only 32-inches away
- Built-in document viewer and does not need PC connection
- Designed with device mirroring and multimedia playback
- Receive a carry bag, AC power cord, infrared remote control, and universal I/O cable with your purchase
- WXGA 1280 x 800 resolution
- 800 LED brightness with a 20K:1 contrast and a 20K-hour lamp life
- Has a 0.8:1 throw ratio with a fixed zoom
- Connections: HDMI, MHL, universal I/O to VGA, microSD slot, USB-A reader/wireless, and audio out
- Built-in 1.5W speaker
- Vertical auto keystone correction
- Weight: 14 ounces
- Dimension: 4.42 (W) x 4.84 (D) x 2.25-inches (H)
- Projection distance 0.43 to 3.44m
- 3D ready and has a two-year warranty
- The bottom has three rubber feet and there is a camera screw mount
As mentioned before the Optoma ML750ST is more suitable for business use and offers you a strong features count. With the included case, it makes the Pico projector portable enough to take on travels and offers you an excellent picture. Although the only shortcoming is that it is a bit expensive, has a fiddly remote and no wireless connection; some users commented that they could even play games as it has a fast response with a low lag input.
The time of using the old traditional projector is outdated. With one of our best mini projectors in 2018, you can get rid of that clunky device. Now you can watch movies, play games, view presentations, and listen to music on a smaller device. Choose your palmtop, Pico or up projector packed with a wide selection of features right here. Mini projectors are outstanding for businesses and even great to use for entertainment at home.