These days keeping, the lawn in tiptop condition is not as hard as years ago. Remember the old push lawn mower that worked on manual push power (boy they use to be difficult to push through thick grass). Luckily, manufacturers solved this by providing you with different powered models from gas to electricity to make your tasks easier. With the top 10 best lawn mowers in 2018 reviewed here by us, you can find one that fits in with your budget and needs. The garden tool offers you convenience, and we are confident you will find a perfect mower here. The fantastic thing is they are easy to use and needs no manual power.
Also see: 10 Best Robot Vacuums in 2018
Best Lawn Mowers to Tackle Any Garden Maintenance Job
10. KOBALT Electric Push Lawn Mower
The next lawn mower from KOBALT might not be self-propelled but is perfect to use on flat surfaces up to a third on an acre. The brand provides you with an eco-friendly design, and it comes with a five-year warranty. The mowers corded to work with power and do not have batteries. Furthermore, it is equipped with a mulching function to cut grass into small pieces and comes with a bag included.
- Comes with seven different cutting levels between 1.375 to 3.375-inches
- Equipped with mulching features to cut the grass into smaller pieces
- The heights adjustable and has an electric start
- The amperage 13 has a cut width of 19.25-inches
- The deck comprise steel and has 7-inch front and rear wheels
- The product is ETL and CSA Listed
- Five-year Warranty
9. Craftsman Front Wheel Drive Lawn Mower
To handle your city yard you need the Craftsman lawn mower with front wheel drive. The unit can handle any flat terrain and is easy to start. The height you can adjust while the front drive system provides a clean cut. The 159cc engine is powerful to tackle long to short grass. The three-position handle offers you a comfortable functioning position and folds away for storage.
- Suitable to use on flat surfaces in small to medium yards
- Made with a front-wheel drive with a dual lever adjustment
- Six cutting height adjustments between 1.25 to 3.75-inches
- The handle adjusts for ease of use and folds away for storage
- Equipped with a 159cc motor and electric powered
- Has an auto-choke with bag included
8. BLACK+DECKER CM2043C Mower
The next lawn mower from Black & Decker is a battery-powered model. The machine runs on two 40V Lithium-Ion batteries. You can adjust the height anywhere between 1.5 to 4-inches without using tools as well as mulch clippings, bag the grass, or discharge it out on the side. In addition, You can mow right up to the edges with the eco-friendly design. Once done the handle folds for storage.
- Include two 40V Lithium-Ion batteries and a charger
- The heights adjustable with a lever up to 4-inches
- You can use the bag, mulch clippings or discharge it out the side
- The cutting swath is 20-inches and suitable for mowing lawns up to ¼ acre
- Three-year Warranty
7. Snapper Front-Wheel Drive Lawn Mower
If you prefer using a gas-propelled mower, you can look at this fantastic model from Snapper. For small to medium sized lawns, the machine is perfect and great to use on flat terrains. With the self-propelled single speed front wheel, drive system it moves forward without effort. The piece of equipment packed with a Briggs & Stratton 140cc OVH engine with ReadyStart. You do not need to prime or use a choke to get it running at full power.
- Equipped with a Briggs & Stratton 140cc OHV engine with ReadyStart
- Suitable for small to medium sized lawns with flat surfaces
- Has a self-propelled single speed front-wheel-drive system
- Designed with a three-in-one cutting deck that mulches, bags, and discharges at the side
- Six cutting adjustments with the dual-lever
- Made with a deck wash-out port to keep the machine clean
- The handles adjustable and comes with a mulch plug included
- Three-year Warranty
6. Honda HRR216K9VKA Self-Propelled Gas Mower
Do you need a reliable gas lawn mower? The Honda is a solid choice offering you uninterrupted performance and power. The bag capacity is massive compared to other models in the range, but the noise level of 98.4 dB is high. Compared to other models with a one-lever height adjustment this one has a four-lever setup. You will have to adjust the wheels separately.
- Has six different cutting levels
- Designed with a significant bag capacity
- Made with a four-lever adjustment to set the height of the wheels
- Has a smart drive system with the bag, mulch, and discharge
- Equipped with micro cut twin blades
- The deck has a steel construction with easy start engine
- The product is CARB/EPA compliant
- The foam grip handles offer you two positions and folds for storage
- Designed with auto choke, manual fuel shut off, and zone start safety system
5. Toro SmartStow Walk-Behind Gas Lawn Mower
For a self-propelled gas, lawn mowers look at the Toro SmartStow here. The rear wheels are high, and it offers you various speeds. The machine provides you self-propulsion with excellent mulching at this price point. The only negative is that you cannot adjust the mulching. So you will have to do full mulching or bag the clippings. The piece of equipment packed with a washout port for cleaning. Furthermore, you can adjust the speed control to mow at your pace.
- Two-year Warranty
- Made with speed adjustment and self-propulsion and works well on uneven terrains
- Include a washout port for maintenance
- Comprise a recycler cutting system consisting of a front throw chamber with atomic blade lift
- Equipped with a Briggs & Stratton 163 cc engine with ReadyStart
- Can store the mower vertically
- Designed with changeable speed front wheel drive
- Can use it for mulching, bagging, or side discharge
- Consists of nine cutting positions
4. EGO Battery Powered Lawn Mower
Here we have another battery-powered lawn mower from EGO. The only problem is the 56-volt Li-ion battery and chargers not included in the package. The battery takes up to one hour to charge and provides you with a full hour of mowing. For a small yard, this domestic device is perfect. Not only do you not need to fill it up with gas or oil but also a great eco-friendly option.
- Five-year Warranty
- Designed with a large cutting deck and the discharge bag has a wide opening
- Customizable handle and starts with one press of a button
- Powered by a 56-volt Li-ion battery and you need to buy the battery and charger separately
- Self-propelling to adjust the speed according to your needs
- Six different adjustable cutting heights
- The four wheels adjust automatically with one lever
3. Honda Versamow Lawn Mower
If you need a robust and reliable lawn mower, you need the Honda here. The engine quality is fantastic and does not lag behind when cutting huge lawns. The discharge bag is enormous, and the self-propulsion makes it one of the best in its price range. The machine can tackle any medium to large garden with the MicroCut blade system that has four cutting surfaces. There are seven different cutting levels, but you will have to set the wheel height individually with the four-lever wheel adjustment.
- Designed with seven cutting levels
- Four-lever wheel adjustment
- Made with a thumb lever with propulsion level
- Lever for selecting the number of clippings you want to be left on the grass
- Include a huge discharge bag
- Equipped with MicroCut blade system with four cutting surfaces and self-propelled design
- Three-year Warranty
2. Worx Landroid Pre-Programmed Robotic Lawn Mower
The following lawn mower may not be suitable for all gardens, but if you have a small piece of lawn that needs mowing, it is perfect. The Worx is a robotic mower that works every day to keep the grass trimmed and short. You can customize the devices scheduled to upkeep the lawn by the end of the week. The mower cuts small pieces of grass and produces little noise. With the powerful battery, you can cut up to one thousand square meters per full charge.
- Easy to set up and fully programmed out of the box
- Navigates through narrow passages and mows inclines and declines
- Designed with a shock sensor system to move around obstacles
- Returns to the charging base when it starts raining or needs to recharge the battery
- Cuts heights up to 4-inches and has five cutting height positions
- Made with two independent brushless motors
- Equipped with a 28-volt battery
1. XT1 Enduro Series KOHLER Hydrostatic Gas Front-Engine Riding Mower
Now for those of you that have a massive lawn and want to mow in comfort pick the XT1 riding mower. For gardens without slopes, it is perfect as it has a zero-turn design. You have a convenient steering wheel with two hydro transmissions. You can quickly cut up to two acres of grass with this machine. Compare to other zero-turn mowers; this one has a Synchro Steer System that comprises a pedal and wheel.
- Packed with a 22 HP Kohler V-Twin OHV Engine
- Has a hydrostatic transmission drive system all you need to do is push the pedal and go
- The seats adjustable and has a soft grip steering wheel
- Designed with foot control transmission and four-wheel steering
- Slows down by itself when you make a turn
- Carries a weight load up to 250 LBS
- Three-year Warranty
Whether you have a small to a large garden that needs mowing pick one of the top 10 best lawn mowers reviewed here. We are sure that you will find a suitable piece of equipment on the list to keep your lawn in tiptop condition. The important thing is that you do not have to push it around by using only your power. Pick your battery, gas, or electric powered model here today.
Also check: Best Cordless Hot Glue Gun in 2018