How to activate iMessage & FaceTime
iMessage is an ideal choice for someone who needs to send messages. The exciting part is that you can send not only SMS text messages but also MMS multimedia messages. It works with Macs, iPads, and iPhones. However, instead of using the phone, you use an iCloud account to send the messages. Facetime is also more or less its cousin. It also belongs to Apple. It works with iPhones, iPads as well as Macs. Nevertheless, its purpose is to make audio calls and video calls. As much as the two do different tasks, i.e., texting and calling, one will need to activate them to use them. So, how do you go about it? Here is a guide on how to activate iMessage and Facetime.
How to activate iMessage
If you want to activate iMessage, follow these steps.
- Go to settings
- Tap on messages
- Switch the iMessage on by ensuring that the toggle tab turns green
- The action may prompt you to sign in to your Apple ID. For that, simply enter your username and its corresponding password in the form that pops up.
- Keep in mind that you will have to wait up to 24 hours to activate. After all, verification of whether the Apple ID and the phone number match is necessary. If you are lucky enough, you might only have to wait for an hour.
How to activate Facetime
This is a guideline that will help you activate iMessage
- Go to settings
- Select Facetime
- Toggle Facetime on
- Sign in to your Apple account
- Start using your Facetime
Errors to expect during activation
Apple warns its users on the following error messages during activation
- Waiting for activation
- Activation unsuccessful
- An error occurred during activation
- Could not sign in, please check your network connection
- Unable to connect to the iMessage server. Try again.
Tips before activating iMessage and Facetime to avoid that
- Ensure that the iOS is up to date. To do so, open Settings app – General – Software Update
- Make sure that you have a cellular data connection or Wi-Fi and ensure that they are reliable
- See to it that Date & Time is also accurate. To avoid further adjustments of this, toggle on the Set Automatically button
Now, you have a guide on how to activate iMessage and Facetime at your fingertips. So, what are you waiting for? It is high time that you do so and starts enjoying a great messaging and video calling experience. In the case of a hiccup, don’t forget to follow our tips. The internet should be great, and the software should be up to date. Last but not least, the date, as well as the time, should be up to date. Remember that activation of iMessage can take up to 24 hours. So, don’t panic.
You might also interested in Texting Vs. IMessage: What Are The Differences?