Becoming Famous on YouTube Takes Time
So how do you get to be famous on YouTube when tapping into the world’s largest video platform? May you have wondered how other people get it right and want some piece of the action? You can, with the detailed tutorial here.
Yes, the first thing to get out of the way is not to expect too much as first when you want to become a celebrity and earn big cash on YouTube. However, it does not mean you should not give it a try. Here you will find essential information and hacks you can start implementing today.
You might also like: How To Change YouTube Channel Name
Let’s Get Started
If you do not have an account, it is time to start getting one. The first steps essential, or you will get nowhere. If you already have one or staring one, your profile plays an important part. You need to make it look memorable and irresistible at the same time.
You want your users to feel attracted to it instantly and return for more.
Here is how you do it!
You start by creating a catchy cover. You can ask yourself these questions:
- Does your cover grab the attention of users?
- Are your face, call-to-action, and tag line on it?
If you answered no, then it is time to start creating the best cover with CANVA free. Make sure your profile is attention-grabbing from the word go if you want to make it in the YouTube world.
Now is not the time to be shy no matter what you do, from making films, singing, to reviewing a product. Fill in everything on the about you section and tell people what you want to share and how often you plan on doing it. State some things that make you unique, useful, or fun.
Make sure to add your social media account and a website if you have one. Doing this makes it useful for viewers to connect with you.
Do a Welcome Video
Wind viewers over with a welcome video but keep it short and sweet about two minutes max. You can use your best content and tell them about your channel and why you are fantastic to follow. Furthermore, make sure to add some attractive descriptions as well.
Now, if you already have a collection of videos, start creating a playlist and placing it on your profile page. Doing this helps new users not to get lost or overwhelmed.
For example, maybe you have a makeup channel then do the following:
- Summer Makeup
- Beauty Hacks and Tricks
- Evening Makeup Tutorials
- Matching Makeup with Clothing
You want your videos to found easily as you only have a couple of seconds to grab the attention of a viewer. These are the basics to grab the attention of viewers. Now let’s move on to some other practicalities.
Learn more: Instagram Stories Hacks
Smart Tech Hacks
When you compare YouTube to Google, it has its ranking algorithm that places some videos in the top search and ignores others. So if you are struggling to gain a fan base, you can do the following to help make the algorithm work for you.
Make Longer Videos and Add Keywords
The majority of videos ranked by YouTube are about five minutes in length. If you do have short videos, leave them for your Instagram. Try to make your video a little bit longer. Add some short phrases to your video title as well as that keyword make it possible to find your footage on the search stations and YouTube. Add the keyword to the filename. For example, if you drew a cartoon dog name it how to draw cartoon dog video. Mp4.
You should consider Canon Vs. Nikon Vs. Sony Cameras
Create Winning Titles
When creating a title, it should have at least five words with your keyword inside and be catchy to become clickbait. An excellent example is How to Draw a Cartoon Dog in Five Easy Steps. Another great thing to do is to add your keyword at the beginning of your title. Maybe you want to shoot a tutorial about how to find cheap accommodation. Start your filename with Find Cheap Accommodation: The Best Video Tutorial.
Learn How to Write Descriptions Correctly
When you upload your video to YouTube, they do not view or listen to it and needs your input to let them know what it is about. Therefore, it helps to write descriptions correctly. You can do the following:
- Depending on how long the description is, make sure to have your keyword in the first section of the phrase.
- Your description should not be more than 250 words.
- Use your keyword up to three times throughout the description.
Furthermore, the description should grab the attention and formatted well while easy-to-scan for users.
Tag Your Video
To become famous on YouTube, you need to start tagging your videos. The tags help you to rank better and show up often. A tag is a variation of the keyword you used with extra phrases people use to search for videos. Do this by looking at other videos similar to yours, and grab some tags to include in yours.
Ranking Factors on YouTube
While the above information is a great way to get started, there are other metrics on how YouTube determines the quality of your video. They look at:
- Your video retention – this is the percentage that users watch on your video, and the more, the better.
- Comments on your video – the more feedback you get, the better.
- Subscribers – once a user subscribed to your channel after watching your video, this is a HUGE plus as YouTube thinks your stuff is fantastic to watch.
- Social sharing – the more shares you get on social networks, the better for you.
- Has someone favored your video – the more people star your video to watch later on, you get a thumbs up?
- Thumbs up or down – this is another way that YouTube determines if your content is good or not.
Create Better Content
No, there is no need to buy a professional camera or studio equipment to achieve this. For you to become famous on YouTube, you need to provide users with good content.
Here is how you can do it:
- Create a ritual – whether you do a signature greeting, phrase, or anything catchy your fans love and keep doing it. For example, some people end their video by talking to their cats, and users stay around to watch it.
- Get your series going – you want your subscribers to come back on Friday, so keep them hooked by providing them with a specific time to go and watch what you have to say.
- Keep your schedule – you need to keep your audience engage and thrilled to see what happens next, so continue your plan.
- Stay on trend with pop-culture, breaking news, media trends, and more.
- Share your personal life story from struggles, fails, to victories. People love to hear what happened to others, and many relate to the same problems.
- Reach out to other creators and ask about a potential collaboration. Maybe you have something worthwhile to offer.
- Do a parody video of someone else’s success. Once viewers search for the original content, your media will appear near to what they want to watch.
- Make video responses and make them smart, witty, and funny and place them well-timed to create a buzz.
Promote Your Video
You can shoot a great video, but you will need to get the word out there. You need to promote yourself to achieve this even if you have followed all of the above steps. You can do this on YouTube by watching and subscribing to the same channels and leave comments.
You never know if they are a huge YouTube user, you may get a response back. Alternatively, you can create video thumbnails (an image displayed when the video is not playing.) Use your imagination from a busty girl or design something yourself.
Moreover, you can add popups reminding folks to check another video, subscribe, or do other actions. Another great way is to announce that you will be giving something away that is cool to users who follow your channel, commented, or shared your media.
Furthermore, interact with your viewers when leaving comments and try to convince them to start a discussion. But never insult them in any way.
Other Means of Promoting
When you want to be famous on YouTube, you need to tap into all the channels available on the internet. You can meet up with other YouTube users at meet up and conferences made available around the world.
By doing this, you meet other people and make friends, and you can build an active fan base as well. Furthermore, you can learn hacks, tricks, and tips from other YouTube users as well.
Engage with others on social media with regular posting of links of videos you have made. Participate in discussions and answer comments. Share other excellent content of fold you know, and you can even share your content on QUORA or question & answer sites.
As you can see, you can become famous on YouTube, but it takes hard work to achieve it. Here it all comes down to creating content that your viewers will enjoy.
Other things you can also do are to add a link to your channel using your email signature. Winning the first 100 subscribers in hard, and when you keep the content moving, you have a unique group of fans that can quickly turn into 10 000 views.
One more legit way to gain thousands of views is to upload an HD video and to change your thumbnail to something baffling and keep promoting it.
Share your thread on REDDIT and test video content to determine what works best and enjoy the process. A fact is you love shooting videos and sharing them with the world or you need to quit.
You might also interested in: How To Start Your Own Podcast