Are you interested in astronomy? Maybe you want to take up this hobby to view the moon, Jupiter, and the rings of Saturn. Are you fascinated by celestial objects and have a limited budget, invest in the best home telescope reviewed here. The good news is that astronomy is made easier and more accessible with these fantastic tools. Whether you are a beginner or experienced stargazer, we have made sure there are some cool and serious telescopes on the list.
Also see: Best Refractor Telescope in 2018
Top Best Home Telescope
10. Orion FunScope Reflector Telescope
For the best home telescope for beginners or kids, you need the Orion FunScope with Moon Kit. The telescope has a tabletop design that is great to get kids started and great for the whole family to enjoy. The apparatus is small and easy to pack in for vacation. The FunScope has a powerful 76mm optic and transfers up to 60% light compared to the toy models bought at the toyshop. Included you get learning material with detailed information of distant star clusters and more.
- Reflecting telescope with a 76mm spherical mirror
- You receive the Moon Kit with interesting learning material and detailed maps
- Two eyepieces also included a 10mm and a 20mm one
- Include a red dot reflex sight to aim the telescope at objects
- Tabletop mount design and comes pre-assembled
- You can mount it on a tripod as it has a built-in ⅜-inch tripod adapter
- Weighs 4 pounds
9. Meade Instruments Infinity Refractor Telescope
Here we have another beginner’s telescope that is ideal to use at home. The low price of the Infinity Refractor Telescope comes with a blue design and is a good all-around device. You can view the planets and stars without making any configuration and ready to use out of the box. The Home Telescope products not made for deep space viewing and have a 50mm aperture to draw in clear images at night. The magnification settings you can change and you get astronomy software included.
- Designed with a 50mm aperture and red dot viewfinder
- Can use it to view both land and celestial objects
- Made with an altazimuth mount and slow-motion control for quick viewing
- Include three eyepieces for low to high powered magnification
- Double up the magnification with the 2x Barlow lens
- Astronomy software for Windows PC included
8. Orion SkyScanner Tabletop Reflector Telescope
For the best home telescope fewer than 200 dollars, the Orion SkyScanner is a great bargain and offers you a 100mm aperture. The tabletop design has many features with a solid build. The astronomy tool has a compact design, making it portable to take anywhere for stargazing. You need no extra gadgets to view deep space objects with this product.
- Designed with a 100mm parabolic mirror and does not have a plastic lens
- You can use it to view the moon, Jupiter and more
- Has a tabletop design and small enough to take anywhere
- Provides you with a wide angle with low power viewing and deep sky observation
- You receive two eyepieces included a 20mm and a 10mm one
- Extra you get an EZ Finder II aiming device with astronomy software
7. Orion Astromaster Refractor Telescope
Do you need the best home telescope in a medium price range? The Celestron Astromaster 70AZ is one of those models if you are looking for a Refractor Telescope. You can buy it in a 90AZ model as well, offering you more power. The durable design of the device can withstand wear and tear and has a no-tool setup. The optic weighs 18-pounds and come fully assembled. To center objects, it has a fitted StarPointer for accuracy and has a quick release dovetail mount.
- The optics coated and has a mounted StarPointer Finderscope
- You receive a 1.25-inch diameter leg steel tripod
- To help correct image orientation to use in the daytime it has erect image diagonal function
- No tool setup and works out of the box
- You receive software included
- Has a quick release dovetail
- The optical length is 914mm and has a Pan Handle Alt-Az control clutch
- The lens diameter is 70mm
6. Bushnell Astronomical Voyager Telescope
Bushnell does not only make the best riflescopes, they also make telescopes. The device has a medium price point and you can buy it in two versions a 60mm and 70mm one. Both the Refractor Telescopes is powerful and has a professional look with fantastic features. You receive an LCD handset with the LED red dot Finderscope. Another unique function is the illuminated smart mount and makes things easier to see when used at night.
- The Bushnell has a 70mm aperture with an 800mm focal length
- The mount illuminates in the dark
- The smart mount helps to point the way to planets and stars
- For fast positioning, it has an LED red Dot Finderscope
- Two eyepieces included an 8mm and 12.5mm
- Include a quick-release tripod
- You receive two CR1620 batteries as well
5. Celestron PowerSeeker Telescope
The PowerSeeker is the best home telescope for the whole family to use and enjoy. The 127EQ is great for first-time astronomers and offers a fantastic combination of features, power, quality, and value. With the no tool setup you can the family can view the stars quickly and only needs to be attached to the tripod available in the box. For viewing celestial objects, the device offers you an enhanced view.
- Quick to set up with the included tripod
- Designed with slow-motion control and tracking
- Suitable for astronomical and terrestrial use as it has erect image optics
- The optical glass is fully coated
- You receive a 3x Barlow lens that offers you triple the magnification power when used with different lenses
- Has a nice accessory tray to store your eyepieces and other equipment
- Planetarium software included downloading to your Android or iOS device
4. Celestron Omni XLT AZ102 Refractor Telescope
The Omni XLT AZ102 has an elegant design with an altazimuth mount. Both the axes have worm gears for easy motion when you are tracking objects. Both the axes have slip clutches for easy pointing and the tripods made of aluminum. You can use the telescope for viewing land and celestial objects. The optical surface offers you a crisp view with the fully coated finish. With the wide field of view, you can even view star clusters and galaxies.
- The slow-motion altazimuth mount has a worm gear construction for smooth tracking
- Can view celestial and terrestrial objects
- The optical is fully coated and has a refractor aperture of 102mm
- Can point the single arm mount in any direction
- Included the StarPointer Finderscope with a dual-circle reticle
- Designed with erect image optics
- Include a 25mm Plossl eyepiece
3. Celestron AstroFi Wi-Fi Reflecting Telescope
The Celestron AstroFi Maksutov-Cassegrain is one of the best home telescope you can control with your smartphone or tablet. You can download the SkyPortal app and replaces the included hand control function. The telescope automatically swerves to an object in the night sky and displays important information on the screen. With the built-in Wi-Fi connection, it automatically connects to the device. The unit calculates the position of objects and has a 102mm coated optic.
- Use the Celestron SkyPortal app with your Android or iPhone to control the telescope
- Connects automatically to your smartphone with the built-in WiFi feature
- The 102mm aperture provides you outstanding views of deep space objects
- Include an accessory tray with two eyepieces and a StarPointer Finderscope
2. Celestron Omni XLT 120 Telescope
The Omni XLT 120 Telescope has a stable CG-4 mount platform and comprises high-quality optics. With the aspheric shaping technology, you get virtually no spherical aberration. The optic has a StarBright XLT coating to enhance light transmission and the optics made of hand selected grade glass.
- Made with a quality glass lens and mirror with StarBright XLT coating
- Has 1.25-inch star diagonal function with a CG-4 German Equatorial Mount
- The mount comes with a slow-motion control and setting circles
- Both axes have ball bearings for smooth performance
- Include a pre-assembled steel tripod with 1.75-inch legs, bubble level, and tray
- You receive two eyepieces included a 20mm and 25mm
1. Celestron NexStar 8 SE Telescope
The NexStar 8 SE Telescope does not come cheap, but if you are lucky, you can get it for under a thousand. You can buy the product in different styles ranging from the 4SE, 5SE, 6SE to the 8SE model. With the Starbright XLT transmission, the Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope offers you quality for a beginner to an expert astronomer. The unit has built-in StarPointer software and locks onto your zip code to center itself.
- The NexStar has a portable design with the single fork arm and steel tripod included
- Has a large 203mm aperture for outstanding light-gathering to view planets, deep sky objects, and the moon
- With the GoTo mount and 40k+ database built inside the telescope, it is fully automated to locate and track objects
- The focal length of the mirror is 2032mm and has a focal ratio of 10
- You receive a 25mm eyepiece included with a StarPointer Finderscope
- Powered by eight AA batteries
- You get a computer hand control with liquid crystal display and backlit LED buttons
- Two-year Warranty
We hope that you can find a suitable model on the best home telescope list when the time comes to pick one for yourself. Always make certain that the model you pick saves you money in the end. In addition, if you are in need of a specific brand designed for the beginner, Astrophotography or kids make sure to check the other home telescope reviews here.
Also see more: Best Telescope for Kids in 2018