Facial recognition technology is capable of identifying and verifying an individual from a digital image or video or a video source. There are many ways in which facial recognition systems work to achieve their desired results, but in general, they work by comparing selected facial features from the given image with faces within a database. It is also described as a Biometric Artificial Intelligence based application that can uniquely identify a person by analyzing patterns based on the person’s facial textures and shape, in today’s world face recognition technology is in use in many areas such as security checkpoints, institutions, social media and other industries where the technology has brought enormous changes and advancement in technology.
Also, read this All You Need To Know About Face Recognition
How does face recognition work on Facebook?
Face recognition settings on your Facebook account will analyze the photos and videos that they think you are in and such images will select sources such as your profile picture, pictures, and videos that people tag you in, and then will make a unique number for you that is called a template. And when you go to your settings from Facebook account and turn your face recognition setting on, your already created template will use to compare to other photos, videos and other places that use camera (like live video) to recognize if you appear in that content The advantage is that these templates are secrets and will never share this with anyone at any time.
How to use face recognition template
- When you turn on the face recognition settings, your template will feature as follows.
- The template will Find photos and video you’re in so we can help you review or share content, suggest tags, and provide more relevant content and feature recommendations. For example:
- The setting will help and notify you to know whenever you will appear in any videos or photos, and you haven’t been tagged.
- When you add any video or image, the face recognition settings will suggest that you tag your friends in your videos or pictures.
- When the feature detects and thinks that you’re in a photo or video that your friend has added, we may suggest that your friend tag you
How to turn on face recognition settings on Facebook
- Log in to your account and click at the top right of Facebook and select Settings.
- When I the setting click in the left column in the setting window and click Face Recognition button or icon.
- Go to the settings and click Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos? And then click on Edit option.
- Finally, select Yes or No to confirm your choice.
As we have seen in our article above, the face recognition technology is gaining popularity in the current era and is in use in many application areas in our lives today and features even in our social media. When featured in our social media accounts, it will come with many benefits and advantages and will aid in the sharing and tagging of pictures and videos. Face recognition is only available for people who are above 18 years and the template features used on these technologies are private and will not be shared to anyone else apart from you