With one of the top 10 best electric lawn mowers here, there is no need of cleaning up the lawn manually. While many of you prefer a gas-powered model, they can be bulky and take up loads of storage space. Furthermore, they need regular maintenance. However, with an electric lawnmower cleaning up the yard is convenient and hassle-free to use. You do not need to change the oil, keep fuel on hand, or be concerned about the fumes emitted. You can find from small to large lawn mowers to suit your grass cutting needs. If you are in need of finding one then you are in the right place—check these best electric powered lawn mowers out.
Also see: Top 10 Best Gas String Trimmers in 2018
Best Electric Lawn Mowers
10. Black & Decker Three in One Package
The MTE912 offers you multiple tool features to use the machine as a mower, edger, and string trimmer. Do you have limited space this piece of equipment ideal and makes for an excellent garden tool. The lawnmower is perfect for small gardens and cuts a swath of 12-inches. Replacing the spool is easy, and it has an Automatic Feed System for the string. Furthermore, you will need an extension cord as the power line is on the short side.
- Made with a gear drive transmission to prevent it from bogging down
- The cutting height is between 1.6 to 2.4-inches
- Does not include an extension power cord
- Designed with conversion wheeled edging
- Three in one use to mow, edge, and trim
- Include an AFS for continual work of the string
- Available in a corded and cordless version
- 12-inch Cutting Swath
9. Ryobi Cordless Lawn Mower
The next electric lawn mower from Ryobi is a cordless model powered by 40V rechargeable batteries. You can use the machine to mow, edge, and trim and the batteries are interchangeable. The cutting path is 16-inches and efficient enough to use in small gardens. The motor runs quietly, and you can adjust the height with the provided lever. Furthermore, the lawnmower can mulch to reuse the clippings in the garden. The only thing it does not have is a self-propulsion function making it difficult to move over hills.
- Can use interchangeable 40V Lithium-Ion batteries but not included
- You will need to buy a charger separately
- Has a 16-inch cutting deck with a single lever adjuster for the height
- Five-year Warranty
8. Sun Joe Cordless Lawn Mower
Here we have another cordless electric lawn mower powered by a 40V rechargeable battery. The only difference between the Sun and the Ryobi is that the battery and chargers included. You can mow the lawn for up to 40 minutes on a full charge (considering the grass length as well.) The Sun Joe you can adjust to six different heights ranging from 1.18 to 3.15-inches. The machine is lightweight but not self-propelled. Another function not present is the mulching option.
- Designed with a 600 W brushless motor
- Compact and suitable to use on small to medium sized lawns
- Made with a discharge chute and bag
- 15-inch Cutting Path
- Has six different height setting to cut between 1.18 – 3.15-inches
- Energy Star Certified and ETL approved
- Two-year Warranty
7. GreenWorks Twin Force Lawn Mower
If using a self-propelled lawn mower is not essential you can look at the GreenWorks cordless model here. The wheels are huge and have an angled design. The machine looks like a racecar and comes over as a bit bulky. The truth is it is easy to maneuver around and deserves a spot on our best electric lawn mower list. The bodies constructed of polymer and powered by a rechargeable battery. The cutting path is 20-inches and has height adjustment for five different cutting levels. You receive two 40-volt batteries, and on a full charge, you can use them up to 70-minutes.
- Included you receive one 4AH and one 2AH battery with charger
- Designed with a 20-inch cutting deck suitable for mid-sized gardens
- The smart cut technology adjusts the power based on the thickness of the grass
- Made with dual blades for superior cutting, mulching, and bagging
- Comprise automatic battery switchover
- Five different cutting heights
6. Snapper XD Cordless Lawnmower
The Snapper XD is another electric lawn mower powered by rechargeable batteries. The body of the mower is polyethylene plastic with steel. You can use the lawnmower for mulching and has a side discharge. The handle can fold away for storage and equip with a brushless motor. The 19-inch deck shaped blades work with a single lever. You can set the height to seven different elevations. You receive two 2Ah batteries, and one fully charged cell provides up to 45-minutes of power.
- Equipped with an 82V Lithium-Ion battery with up to 45-minutes runtime
- The mowing deck has a steel structure with a 19-inch cutting path
- The machine can bag, mulch, and side discharge
- Designed with a smart loading sensor that adjusts to the thickness of the grass
- Made with push-button start
- You can change the height with seven different settings with a push button
- Can store the lawnmower in a vertical position
5. WORX WG772 Cordless Mower
If you are in need of a self-propelled lawn mower, the WG772 is not the one to buy. The machines equipped with a quiet motor with the 19-inch cutting path. Furthermore, it has a cordless design but more cumbersome than most electric lawn mowers powered by batteries. With the bag attached, the weight is more cumbersome. You receive the equipment with a three-year warranty. A nice feature is the two included batteries and the fact that it can deal with massive yards.
- Equipped with a steel cutting deck with a 19-inch cutting path
- Has mulching abilities and works with a bag
- The two included batteries you can remove and replace
- You can cut up to 8,500 square feet per charge
- The handles collapse for storage and can stand in a vertical position
- There are different cutting heights adjusted with a single lever
- Three-year Warranty
4. GreenWorks PRO Electric Lawn Mower
The GreenWorks Pro has a steel made deck, and the trolley handle adjusts for ease of movement. Near the handle is a single button to change the cutting height to seven different levels. With the Smart Cut Sensing Technology, it cuts a 21-inch path, which is self-propelled. The brushless motor provides outstanding power and the same as using a 160cc gas engine. There are a side discharge and rear bag. The piece of equipment powered by two Ah Li-Ion batteries and each one works up to an hour on a full charge.
- Include two Ah rechargeable batteries each with up to 60-minutes runtime
- Durable steel deck with a 21-inch cutting path
- Comprise smart cut sensing technology
- Can store it in a vertical position and has an adjustable handle
- Made with a self-propelled brushless motor
- You can use the rear bag, side discharge or mulch clippings
- Included you receive the battery charger
3. EGO Self Propelled Lawn Mower
You can easily replace your gas-powered lawn mower with the EGO electric lawnmower. The machine runs on one 56-volt lithium-ion battery that works up to 60-minutes. If you have a large yard, this one is ideal to use and has a 21-inch cutting width. With the self-propelled design, it moves forward by itself making it easier for you to push. The battery charges fast, but the big negative is finding a service center to repair it once it happens to break.
- Has a large cutting deck with a 21-inch cutting width
- Has a self-propelled design
- Made with six adjustable cutting heights
- Powered by a rechargeable 56-volt battery
- The handle customizes to your needs
- The wheels adjust automatically
- Five-year Warranty
2. EGO Power Cordless Lawn Mower
The EGO Power+ is similar in design to the previous electric lawn mower and equipped with the same 56-volt battery. The cutting width is 20-inches and comes with mulching, side discharge, and a bag. The magnetic motor powers 7.5 amperes of current. The compact and foldable design makes it easy for storage and has a LED headlight for night mowing.
- The 56-volt battery provides up to 30-minutes power on a full charge
- Include a 4.0-ampere 56-volt battery and charger
- Foldable design for storage
- Made with 20-inch cut capacity
- You can mow at night with the LED headlight
- Comprise a high-torque magnetic motor
- Three-year Warranty
1. YARD Self-Propelled Mower
The Yard may be an expensive model but is one of the best electric lawn mowers available on our list. You receive a five-year warranty on the equipment. The machines equipped with a brushless motor with up to 100 minutes of runtime. There are two batteries installed with dual ports and runs on only one battery if needed. With the torque-sense technology, it automatically adjusts the engine when cutting through thick grass and is self-propelled.
- Five-year Warranty
- Equipped with a 120vRX brushless motor
- Dual battery ports and comprise two installed batteries
- Has a built-in sensor to provide automated power when in need of cutting through thick grass
- Has a speed adjustable drive and self-propelled
- 22-inch Cutting Path and can bag, side discharge, and mulch
- Include two 2.5 Ah batteries with a fast charger
For cutting the lawn with ease, you need one of the top 10 best electric lawn mowers listed here. Overall, they provide you with outstanding features and technology. The machines are easy to use and come with different adjustments to make your job easier. The piece of equipment needs no maintenance or oil changes, and the batteries are durable to last a while.
Also check: Top 10 Best Deep Seating Patio Chairs in 2018