Clean Your AirPods Like a Pro!
There are a number of reasons why you need to learn how to clean your AirPods and AirPods Pro. First of all, it is white. That means you need to clean it often, or else one can spot the dirt from miles away. That includes the ear wax and other forms of dirt from external sources. In addition to that, they have an in-ear design. Since you will wear them inside your ears, they will come into contact with the ear wax. So, let us see how we can deal with that by looking at short tips of cleaning AirPods and AirPods Pro.
You might be also interested in Apple AirPods 2020 Review
What do you need?
- Cotton swab
- Flosser pick
- Microfiber cloth
- Blu tack
- Isopropyl alcohol
How to clean the AirPods Pro earbuds
- Using a clean microfiber cloth, wipe the AirPods
- If need be, damp the cloth using freshwater, preferably distilled water.
- Ensure that you dry them thoroughly before returning them into your ears or the charging case.
- If you are having trouble reaching some parts, use a flosser pick. Use it gently.
- When it comes to the black speaker grilles, use the Blue Tack to eliminate the gunk and dirt
How to Clean the AirPods Pro ear tips
- When cleaning the exterior, use a cotton swab or a microfiber cloth. Ensure that it is dry and clean.
- For thorough cleaning, pull them off and rinse them using water
- Use a clean cloth to dry them
- They should be dry reattaching them
How to clean the AirPods Pro charging case
- Go for a dry clean microfiber cloth. Use it to wipe the charging case
- If they have tough dirt, damp the cloth with isopropyl alcohol
- Use Blue Tack to get rid of gunk and dirt
Tips when cleaning Airpods and Airpods Pro
- Never run them underwater
- The cloth you use should be dry, soft and lint-free
- Ensure that no liquid enters in its openings
- Only use them once they dry fully
- Don’t use sharp things when cleaning
- Never add soap or any household cleaners when using
- Ensure that nothing enters the charging ports
Having explained how to clean your Airpods and Airpods Pro, the ball is now on your court. Ensure that you follow the instructions described above to ensure that cleaning your Airpods or Airpods Pro does not do them more harm than good. In addition to that, avoid the don’ts highlighted. If you heed the advice, they will always remain clean and presentable. At the same time, you will get to hear the sound clearly. Do it at least once a month. However, feel free to clean them whenever the need arises. Clean them after heavy sweating, workouts, or in case of water splashes. Again, always clean your Airpods and Airpods Pro in the right way.
Read on: Are Galaxy Buds Better Than Airpods?