- 1 Top Best Car Camping Tent
- 1.1 10. Overnighter Car Camping Tent
- 1.2 9. AddaCabana SUV Tent
- 1.3 8. KingCamp Car Roof Tent
- 1.4 7. Night Cat Car Camping Tent
- 1.5 6. Rightline Gear Truck Bed Tent
- 1.6 5. Napier Sportz Dome-To-Go Tent
- 1.7 4. UBOWAY Hanging Tree Tent
- 1.8 3. Smittybilt Overlander Tent
- 1.9 2. Front Runner Roof Top Tent
- 1.10 1. Tuff Stuff Ranger Overload Roof Top Tent
- 2 Final Thoughts
Welcome fearless adventurer, we want to help you drive off into the sunset for a car camping trip. Now stop and think with the best car camping tent you can turn any place into a comfortable campsite. Does that sound? Think you can load it in the trunk and transform your vehicle into a relaxing vacation spot while on the road. No matter where life takes, you make sure to pick one of these car camping tents reviewed here and start planning your next voyage.
Also see: Best Outdoor Solar Spotlight in 2019
Top Best Car Camping Tent
10. Overnighter Car Camping Tent
Are you planning a trip with your SUV? With the Overnighter, you can convert your vehicle into a comfortable relaxing spot. The door-cover installs on any door and made of rip-stop material. The support poles have a fiberglass structure. To keep insects out during the night and day it has a no-see-um screen mesh. When set up the canopy protects the inside. Included you receive a pouch that makes the tent fit into your glove box. You can buy two of these products on each side to help improve ventilation.
- Has a universal fit made for the SUV door
- Designed with a screen and retractable canopy
- Installs easily as it stretches around the door with an elastic band
- You get easy access through the window with the dual zippers
- Prevents bugs from entering inside with the no-see-um screen and it is made of rip-stop fabric
9. AddaCabana SUV Tent
When traveling with your SUV and you need a partial enclosure the AddaCaban comes to the rescue. The car camping tent fits over the lift gate of your VAN or SUV to turn it into a dressing room. You can use it to form a blind on the interior to sleep and stands 6 feet tall when mounted.
- Attaches to the tailgating to use as a dressing room
- Made with nylon fabric and weighs 3 lbs
- On the entry flap, there are 16 Velcro strips
- You receive a tote bag to keep the SUV tent in place
- Designed with snap buckles allowing you to attach it to the roof rack system
- Can use it as a blind on the inside of the vehicle when sleeping
8. KingCamp Car Roof Tent
For a perfect auto side canopy for multiple purposes, you need the KingCamp. When placed over a curved roof, it widens up into a living space up to 80 square feet. You can cover a table, coolers, kids & pets, and shield yourself from the sun. The tent has an Oxford fabric design that is durable and waterproof.
- Multipurpose use to cover a table, protect you from the sun, and more
- Opens into an 80 square foot living space
- Made of Oxford material that is waterproof
- Comes with steel poles, ropes, and nails
- When folded the sunshade measures 26.4 inches x 4.7 inches
7. Night Cat Car Camping Tent
The following car camping tent is great to leave in the trunk of the car. Not only is this a car tent, but also great for backpacking. Setting it up is a breeze with the hydraulic pressure mechanism. You receive the rain fly attached, but can be removed to use at the beach or fishing. The two doors and windows provide exceptional ventilation. Can easily fit up to three people.
- Easy to set up with the hydraulic pressure mechanism
- Can separate the rain fly to use as a sunshade for fishing or on the beach
- Has two doors with mesh windows
- Suitable for two adults and a child
- The fabrics, waterproof sprayed up to 2000mm
6. Rightline Gear Truck Bed Tent
With the floor-less design of the Rightline Gear Truck Bed Tent, the setup is straightforward. The tent has nylon buckles with heavy duty straps. The poles are color coded and there are pole pockets to help make the setup easier. The fabric is water resistant and sealed with PU up to 2000mm. The car camping tent easily sleeps up to two adults.
- Floorless design for ease of setup and you do not need to remove your gear from the bed
- Designed with protective polypropylene straps and nylon buckles
- The poles are color coded and there are pole pockets
- You receive a rainfly, stuff sack and set-up guide included
- Inside the tent, there is a hanging hook, has a sky view, and has glow-in-the-dark zipper pulls
5. Napier Sportz Dome-To-Go Tent
With the Sportz Dome-To-Go car camping tent, you can transform your hatchback into a relaxing sleeping spot. Wrap the removable sleep around the cargo area allow you access to your vehicle. With the extra space, you can use your car to store your gear and rest for a sleeping area. The sleeve adjusts to custom fit your station wagon or hatchback.
- The tent can sleep up to four people and measures 8.5 feet in length and 8.5 feet wide
- The vehicle sleeve unzips and converts into a standalone or car tent
- The fiberglass poles are shock-corded and you get a rain fly included
- There are two entrance doors with three huge no-see-um mesh windows
- Keep your gear organized using the two inside pockets
4. UBOWAY Hanging Tree Tent
The UBOWAY makes for a perfect car camping tent as you can set it up anywhere. You can install it between two trees when in the forest. There is a mesh roof with waterproof top and you can use it to sleep and store bags. With the hammock straps, it holds up to 882 lbs. You can sleep off the ground in comfort.
- Sleeps up to two people from the ground
- Lightweight and portable to take anywhere
- Has an enclosed mesh roof for cool air flow
- Can cover the mesh roof with the waterproof top
- Durable hammock straps that hold up to 882 lbs
3. Smittybilt Overlander Tent
For backcountry adventures, you need the Overlander car camping tent that attaches to the roof of your vehicle. You can comfortably sleep without insects bugging you. The tent constructions 600D ripstop polyester. The Annex attaches to the bottom of the tent for added space. You receive a telescoping ladder with a heavy duty PVC cover included.
- You get a standard two to three sleeper tent with a double mattress
- Included is a 600D waterproof top with rain fly, sunroof, windows, and mesh netting
- All the hardware from the aluminum tent frame poles, telescopic ladder, and LED strips included
- The tent is kept dry with the PVC cover
- You can buy the tent annex separately with a removable floor to attach it for privacy
2. Front Runner Roof Top Tent
Set up a relaxing, sleeping place above your vehicle’s rooftop with the Front Runner car camping tent. The tent sleeps up to two people and offers you a bedroom above ground. The material is durable, mold resistant, PVC coated, and waterproof. You receive a mattress included with a retractable ladder. The windows and the door are screened to prevent insects from accessing the inside.
- You receive a two-man tent, mattress, aluminum ladder, and frame
- Made of Oxford fabric that is breathable, durable, waterproof, mold resistant, and PVC coated
- To prevent insects from the interior the door and windows are screened
- The rooftop tents 4.3 feet wide and 7.9 feet long
- Has a low 7.87-inch profile and weighs 88.18 lbs
- You can mount it on a bed rack or rooftop
- Vinyl cover to protect you from the rain
1. Tuff Stuff Ranger Overload Roof Top Tent
Get the ultimate comfort on your next outdoor adventure with the Tuff Stuff Ranger Overload Roof Top Tent. The car camping tent unfolds in minutes. You can keep your bedding stored in it and also has a thick pre-installed foam sleeping mat inside. Two adults can sleep comfortably inside and you can add the included annex room for added space.
- Include the tent, zip on annex room, and black driving cover
- You receive an aluminum frame, telescopic ladder, and roof rack mounts
- On the inside of the tent is a 2.5-inch high foam mattress that sleeps, two people
- Can unfold it to either side of the vehicle
- Made with ripstop fabric that is waterproof coated and UV protected
- The tent has three screened windows with an awning
With the best car camping tent, there is no need of spending a fortune to stay in luxury hotels. You can find a backpacking tent to fit in the trunk. Or you can use a rooftop one to sleep comfortably above the ground. Whether it is an outdoor adventure, fishing trip, hunting trip, you can even find one to mount in between two trees here.
Also check: Best Beach Tent in 2019