Best Car Battery Chargers in 2019
- Top 10 Best Car Battery Chargers
- 10. SEM-1562A-CA Battery Charger from Schumacher
- 9. BMK 12V 5 Amp Battery Charger
- 8. Battery Tender Plus Battery Charger
- 7. Stanley FATMAX Jump Starter
- 6. SC-1200A-CA Battery Charger from Schumacher
- 5. BC15BS Bench Battery Charger from STANLEY
- 4. Beatit Portable Car Jump Starter
- 3. VETOMILE Peak Car Jump Starter
- 2. DBPOWER Portable Car Jump Starter
- 1. NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger
- Final Thoughts
We are sure that you have experienced a dead battery when starting your car. Having a dead car battery is frustrating when you are ready to go to work. Luckily, automotive manufacturers have come up with a solution of car battery chargers. Forget about the old basic one from yesteryear – you can find some fantastic chargers these days to give your car battery the top up it needs to start. The good news is that car battery chargers not only give it a quick charge you can use it to keep the battery reconditioned when not in use.
The latest battery jump starters are capturing the attention of many vehicle owners. With the portable design, you can take the charger with you, keep it in the trunk, and make sure to keep a spare of jump-start cables in there as well.
Are you in the market for one of the best car battery chargers? Read our battery charger review here and pick one best suited for your automobile needs.
Top 10 Best Car Battery Chargers
10. SEM-1562A-CA Battery Charger from Schumacher
For a versatile car battery charger that charges a 6-volt and 12-volt battery, pick the SEM-1562A-CA from Schumacher. The unit has an affordable price and automatically adjusts to a float-mode monitoring system to prevent overcharging. Therefore, if you have any batteries lying in storage, you can use the Schumacher to keep them charged and ready to use. There is a LED display and offers you trouble modes for the unexpected. You can power small batteries to car batteries with the device. The clamps designed with reverse hookup protection and have a quick release harness. You receive ring connectors, jump cables, and year warranty with the SEM-1562A-CA car battery charger. The input voltage is 120 VAC, and it only weighs 2.5 lbs.
- Designed with a fully automatic microprocessor
- The standby power draw is low
- Contains the correct float voltage for deep cycle batteries
- Reliable and works every time
- None noted
9. BMK 12V 5 Amp Battery Charger
For a fast car battery charger, nothing comes close to the BMK 12 V model. The device has a 13.8-volt DC output with a 100 to 240 volt AC input. You will have your vehicle’s battery charged within hours and offered multi-protection with the ABS and PI65 waterproof construction. Even per-accidentally misconnecting the poles comes with protection. The charger provides you a four-stage charging with the MCU controller and lights up accordingly with the charging process. You can use it to charge motorcycle, power tools, boat, car batteries and more. The unit weighs 15.87 oz, and you get a lifetime warranty included. For ease of use, it has a LED display that lights up while charging.
- Easy to use
- Works well indoors and outdoors
- Versatile to use
- Can charge more than one battery at a time
- None noted
8. Battery Tender Plus Battery Charger
Here we have another car battery charger that switches from a full charge to a float-charging mode. The Battery Tender Plus you can buy at an inexpensive price and is temperature compensated for the best use. The unit has reverse-polarity safety and indicates charging with a red and green light. The device can power up a 12-volt battery quickly and keeps it maintained while in storage. You receive a harness for those hard reach places, and it has a 6-foot AC power cord. The only problem is that the products not compliant with the California and Oregon energy use. You also receive the alligator clips, and the ring terminals included. The products backed by a 10-year warranty.
- You can use it with a Harley-Davidson bike charge cable to charge the battery
- Connects easily
- Works great
- Worth the money
- Compact and lightweight
- None noted
7. Stanley FATMAX Jump Starter
For an instant battery start, you need the Stanley FATMAX to jump-start the battery. Included you receive a 120 PSI compressor with a backlit gauge and it has three 3.1 amp USB outlets. The device has an audible alarm with reverse polarity protection and has a 12-volt power outlet. All you need to do is hook it up to the car battery, turn it on, and start your truck. You can power your smartphone and other devices using the USB connection. With the compressor onboard, your car you can even take care of flat tires.
- Multipurpose device for charging different batteries and inflating tires
- Portable design and easy to use
- Has a compressor gauge
- Would be nice if it had some anchor device to prevent it from sliding all over
6. SC-1200A-CA Battery Charger from Schumacher
For a 12-amp and 6-amp rapid charger, you need the SC-1200A-CA from Schumacher. The unit automatically changes the amperage rate to uphold and charge batteries. The device has float mode monitoring and auto voltage detection. In case you misconnect the poles, it has to reverse hook-up protection with an LED indicator light. The apparatus has 50-amp clamps to use with top and side-mounted battery posts. You can charge AGM, deep-cycle, and gel cell batteries with the Schumacher. The products RoHS compliant but not Energy Star Compliant and you get a two-year warranty included.
- Versatile to use
- The buttons are small and fragile
5. BC15BS Bench Battery Charger from STANLEY
Whether you want to charge a WET, AGM, or GEL battery the BC15BS from STANLEY gets the job done quickly. The unit offers you a three-stage charging and automatically switches from a fast charge to a trickle charge. The apparatus presents you with a battery reconditioning to help keep the battery lasting and has a 40-amp engine start. The device has reverse polarity protection, and you can see the charge displayed on the LCD screen. The battery charger also does an alternator check and is ETL certified.
- Everything is available for you to see on the LCD
- Has an alternator check and charging system
- Awesome product at an affordable price
- The floating mode keeps car battery charged when not in use
- None noted
4. Beatit Portable Car Jump Starter
If you need a super lifesaver to jump-start your 5.5-liter diesel or 7-liter gas engine you need the Beatit. The apparatus has a peak current of 800 amps. The included cables and clamps made of heavy-duty material. With the added charger, you can have your car battery working for up to 5 hours, and the kit fits in your glove compartment. The device has two USB ports to charge mobile devices. The clamps protected against short circuiting, over-charge, overloads, and more. To see the remaining charge of the battery, you can see it display on the LCD, and it has an SOS flashlight. You receive a two-year warranty when purchasing the product.
- Excellent price for what you receive
- Versatile to use with a car battery and keep your smartphone charged
- Travel sized kit
- Has an emergency flashlight
- None noted
3. VETOMILE Peak Car Jump Starter
The VETOMILE is a car battery charger that does not come cheap but packed with fantastic features. You get a universal jump-start for using on motorcycles, vehicles, 12-volt batteries, and more. The heavy-duty clamps offer you reverse protection with loads of other safeguards included. The unit you can use a power bank to charge your mobile devices via the two USB ports. There are three charging modes to use, and it has an emergency flashlight built-in. The peak power of the unit is 800 amps, and it has a capacity of 21kmAh. You receive space saving case with a one-year warranty included. You can jump-start your pickup with a 6.5-liter gas or 3-liter diesel engine.
- Compact and fits in the glove box
- Charges batteries fast
- You receive extra wires included
- Built-in torchlight with strobe for emergencies
- Can use it as a wall charger or car charger
- Can jump-start your vehicle
- The link line for starting your car is on the short side
2. DBPOWER Portable Car Jump Starter
The DBPOWER is a super portable car battery charger with a jump-start. The device weighs 1.35 lbs and has a compact design that fits in the glove box. You can jump-start your vehicle with a 12-volt battery in seconds as it has 600 amps peak current with an 18kmAh battery capacity. You can use it as a power bank to charge your smartphone and other mobile devices. The unit has two USB outputs which of it are a smart USB, and it has a DC output. You receive the connectors included to charge different batteries and have a LED flashlight for emergencies. The LCD shows the working status and has a compass if needed. The metal clamps have a gold spray and have intelligent protection when used with different devices.
- Can use it as a jump-starter
- Can charge different batteries with it
- Compact and portable to take anywhere
- Has an emergency light with compass
- Solid design
- The display is clear
- None noted
1. NOCO Genius Smart Battery Charger
Here we have one of the best car battery chargers available online, the NOCO Genius. You can charge 6 to 12-volt batteries with the device and has a maintainer for lead-acid cells to use up to 30 amp-hours. The units safe and has a great design that is spark-proof and reverse polarity protected. You can use the apparatus with cars, boats, RV, and more. The device monitors the battery health and helps repair a discharged or sulfated battery. You get seven charges in one and automatically enable a charging port to charge with the CANbus system. When full powers not needed, it minimizes energy consumption to save electricity.
- Easy to use even for a women
- Great purchase and price
- Great design
- Rock solid build
- You get a 5-year warranty included
- You need to buy the eyelet connectors separately to use with other batteries
There is no more need of experiencing a flat battery anymore with the best car battery chargers reviewed here. The chargers have a universal design to power up and upkeep 6 to 12-volt batteries. You can use them as a power bank to charge your smartphone and keep it stored in the glove compartment. For emergencies, you can use the built-in flashlight or a compass to get you safely back home. If you are fortunate, you can purchase one with a jump-start and a compressor to give the tires some air. As you can see versatility with these units are endless – choose your one now and make sure you are not trapped at home with a dead battery.