Weekends are made getting in your car and traveling to the lake or shore for fun, campfires, and fishing. Sounds great, but you need the right camping gear. You need the best camping tent to laze around and sleep comfortably. Yes, we know the markets filled with affordable and premium tents, each with their own unique features and benefits. So if you are planning a festival at the beach or a weekend away trip, check the top 10 best camping tents reviewed here. No matter what your preference might be, we are sure you will find a comfortable one here.
Also see: Best Car Camping Tent in 2021
Top 10 Best Camping Tents
10. Coleman Sundome Tent
The Sundome tent from Coleman sets up quickly with the snag-free pole sleeves and sleeps, two people. There are two huge windows with a ground vent to keep you cool. With the tub-like floor, it has inverted seams to keep water out. Included is a hooded rainfly helping you to leave the windows open even when it is raining.
- Keep small items organized with the sewn mesh pockets on the side walls
- You receive a carry bag included and expands with a rip strip for added storage
- Measures 7 x 5 foot and has a center height of 4 feet
- You can buy the Sundome in a 3-person, 4-person, and 6-person size
- Can keep you cool with the two windows and ground vent
- Has a tub-like floor to prevent water from entering the tent
- Made of durable polyester
- Designed with a hooded rainfly
- One-year warranty
9. Alpha Camp Tent
Go on your next adventure with the 3-person Alpha camping tent. The dome tent has a lightweight and waterproof design. Relax inside and feel the breeze entering from the outside with the fantastic air ventilation. The center height is 50-inches and the tent measures 8 x 7 feet. The interior has storage pockets and includes a storage bag when not used.
- Made of polyester material that is PU coated
- Designed with three zippered windows to see your surroundings
- Has three mesh windows for added ventilation
- The fiberglass frame has a clip and ring/pin systems for ease of setup
- Suitable for three people to sleep
- Weighs 7.6 lbs
- You get a storage with all the mounting hardware included
8. Mountaintop Backpacking Tent
Hiking and camping are more relaxed in the Mountaintop two person tent. The inner tent has double doors for access and includes all the hardware to keep the tent secure. There is a rainfly that you can use with a wayside pavilion, fishing awning, canopy and more. The tent sleeps up to four people.
- Available in different shades
- Made with Oxford fabric that is waterproof
- Included you receive the tent, eight tent pegs, wind rope, a carrying bag
- Has two doors for ease of access
- The rainfly you can use separately as a canopy and more
- Sleeps up to four people
- Weight 8.82 lbs and the outer layer have an 84.6 x 84.6 x 53.1-inch dimension
- 90-Day Warranty
7. Chillbo Baggins Camping Tent
For an ultimate holiday camping tent for music festivals and backpacking sleeps up to three people. You receive a carry bag for ease of transport and it has a fantastic dome shape design. The tent has a waterproof design with Oxford flooring and sealed to keep you dry. There are internal pockets for storage with two large entrance doors and cross-ventilation with the two mesh windows.
- Lightweight with a portable dome design that sleeps up to three people
- Include a carry bag with all the mounting hardware
- Has a full fly sheet, Oxford flooring, waterproof exterior with sealed seams
- There are two large doors with two mesh windows and internal pockets for storage
- You can set it up without tools
- The cabin entrance has a covered entryway with wind constructed frame
- Available in different cool patterns with a lifetime guarantee
6. Pacific Breeze Camping Tent
Do you need a durable beach camping tent? Look no further than the Pacific Breeze with its lightweight design. The exteriors UPF 50+ treated and has massive windows for added ventilation. The material is breathable and water repellent and only weighs 4.5 pounds. You receive a carry bag, stakes, and sand pockets included with a year warranty.
- Lightweight with a portable hub system that is great for beach camping
- UPF 50+ protected with large windows for ventilation
- Made of polyester material and weighs 4.5 pounds
- The tent folds down to 40 x 5 x 5 inches
- Has a water-resistant PE floor with sand pockets and stakes
- Included are a carry bag and a year warranty
5. Amazon’s Basic Camping Tent
The Amazon’s Basic Camping Tents you can buy in four and eight sleepers. The tents made of polyester and have a rainfly for added protection. There is a variable venting system with cool-air port present and you can adjust the airflow. The poles are shock-corded and include a separate storage bag to keep your camping gear together.
- Polyester construction and accommodates from four to eight people
- Has an extra rainfly to protect the tent against the rain
- The venting systems, adjustable
- The tent poles have a shock-corded structure
- You receive a storage bag
- Has a gear netting attached for holding small items
- The center height is 6 feet and measures 15 x 9 feet
4. ALPS Mountaineering Lynx Camping Tent
Whether it is sun, rain or snows the ALPS, Mountaineering Lynx four-person tent is great for any outdoor trip. There is no frustration when setting up this tent as it is free standing and has a two-pole design. The exterior of the tent has a water repellent and UV treated coating and has two vestibules for added storage.
- Free standing with a two-pole aluminum design
- Made of polyester and is water repellent and UV treated
- Has two extra vestibules for added storage
- Designed with durable zippers, gear loft, storage pockets, two doorways, guy ropes, and stakes
- The center height is 4 feet 4 inches and has a base size of 7 x 8 feet
- Lifetime limited warranty
3. ALPS Mountaineering Zephyr Tent
Here we have another ALPS Mountaineering camping tent the Zephyr. The tent sleeps up to three people and has a 41-inch center height that is ideal to sit up. The walls have a mesh construction to improve the airflow and prevent condensation-taking place inside. There are two doors with double vestibules to keep your gear on hand.
- Sleeps up to three people
- Has ample headroom with the 41-inch center height
- Mesh walls to improve airflow and prevent condensation build-up
- Double doors with two vestibules
- The seams are sealed and the tents made of polyester with a poly taffeta floor
- The tent area is 40 square feet and the jam-packed size is 6.5 x 19-inches
- Lifetime limited warranty
2. Coleman Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Cabin Tent
Setting up your camping tent is a breeze when you buy the Tenaya Lake Fast Pitch Tent. The pre-attached poles are color coded to get your tent up faster. The inverted seams protect you from getting wet and it has a wind strong frame. There is a zipper cuff made of weatherproof material and the floors waterproof.
- Has a built-in closet with shelves and a hanger bar
- For ease of entry, it has a huge hinged door
- Sleeps up to eight people with a room divider
- The welded floors keep the tent dry inside
- Measures 13 x 9 feet and has a 6-foot center height
- The pre-attached poles and hubs color coded
1. Wenzel Kodiak Camping Tent
Do you need the best camping tent you can call your home away from home? You need the Wenzel Kodiak that sleeps up to nine people. Assembling the tent is a breeze with the pin-and-ring setup. The base measures 14 x 14 feet and has a center height of 7 feet. The D-style mesh door is huge and has two bay windows with two picture windows in the roof. The floor is waterproof and made of polyethylene. You can create two separate rooms with the built-in room divider.
- The base measures 14 x 14 feet
- Has a center height of 7 feet
- Sets up easily with the pin-and-ring system with connecting hubs
- The D-style doors have a mesh design and there are two bay windows and two picture windows
- The polyethylene floor is waterproof
- Can create two separate rooms with the room divider
- Has added rear lockers and vents with added storage
Sleeping outdoors is made easier when you have the best camping tent for your adventure. Find your tent here with us and start planning your next weekend away. Each family camping tent is suitable to sleep from one to nine relatives. They set up easily and with the durable design, you can keep yourself and the family dry when it is raining outside. If you cannot find a suitable one on the list, make sure to check our other camping tent reviews and find one that fits in with your vacation needs.
Also check: Best Family Camping Tent in 2021