- Best Bread Knives
- Final Thoughts
What is more delicious than freshly baked bread that has just come out of the oven? The truth is there is nothing like warm bread with butter melting away yummy. You place the bread on the breadboard and reach for the bread knife to cut a slice. Yip the trusty old bread knives with its long serrated blade helps you to cut a perfect slice. How many times have tried to use a non-serrated edge knife to cut bread? Many times and what do you think of the slices – not cut well the loaf falls apart?
Maybe you already have your preferred knife for cutting bread, but perhaps you do not have one and need to buy one. We can help you with our top 10 bread knives in 2020 review. You can find the best cutting knife with the hard/soft surface to keep the bread intact right here.
Check out more Top 10 Best Plastic Knives in 2020
Best Bread Knives
10. OXO Good Grips
Do you enjoy eating bagels, fresh bread, or baguettes? Do you have the right bread knife to cut them? No, here we have the OXO Good Grips knives available at an affordable price. You will quickly slice through your favorite bakes with this blade. The edge of the stainless steel blade has serrated edges and measures 8-inch long. You can slice through crusty bread to melons, as the knife is sharp. The handle has a great design and fits comfortably in hand. The utensil is dishwasher safe, and the grip is slip-proof even with wet hands. All you need to do is place your thumb and forefinger on the provided support and slice away.
- Made with German Steel
- Has a serrated edge for cutting hard to soft bakes
- The handles comfortable with the unique support grips
- Versatile to cut even vegetables and fruits
- Users with small hands may find the bread knife challenging to use
- Only one size
9. Mercer Culinary Millennia
Now you can buy an affordable bread knife from a professional cutlery collection the Mercer Culinary Millennia. Standing with the blade in your hand, you can slice through bread to vegetables. The cutting edge has a Japanese high-carbon steel structure that is stain-free. The handles made of polypropylene and imprinted with finger points. One thing is for sure you will not cut your fingers off with the blade as it has a protective finger guard. You can even find a color to fit in with your kitchen décor, and the utensil comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
- You can buy the bread knives in assorted colors
- There is a broad handle that is comfortable to use
- Made of durable carbon stainless steel blade
- The consumers would like the edge to be a bit stiffer when cutting the bread
8. ORBLUE Serrated Bread Knife
As you know, nothing cuts bread better than a serrated edge knife. Here we have another fantastic bread knife the ORBLUE. The blade is 8-inches long and made of stainless steel to cut through bread quickly. Not only does it slice through bakes you can use it to cut through tomatoes to pineapples. The knife has a one-piece design that comprises no wood, plastic, or screws.
- Big bread knife
- Cuts through anything
- Robust design that is easy to use
- Has a rubber guard to protect your fingers
- Heavy knife
- Hard to clean if you do not rinse it off immediately
7. Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition
When buying bread knives, one does not need to spend much money. The important thing is the blade must cut through crusty bread. You can achieve these results when buying the Chicago Cutlery Walnut Tradition. The Walnut has a 10-inch measurement and cuts through bread and peels vegetables. The blade has a stainless steel structure with Taper Grind edge. The handles made of walnut and have three brass rivets and you need to hand wash it. Additionally, you get a limited lifetime warranty included.
- Perfect weight balance
- Durable carbon steel blade
- Well designed handle
- A long knife that may not fit in with your regular storage system
6. KUTLER Professional Bread Knife
Why not become a professional chef in your home with the KUTLER bread knife. Slice through fresh bakeries, vegetables, and fruits with ease. You will have a perfect slice of bread without tearing the bread. Here we have another 10-inch knife with outstanding quality. The blade has a 16 gauge steel structure with serrated edges. The handles textured with polypropylene and easy to use. You can even try the item out for 30-day as it has satisfaction money back guarantee.
- Versatile to use and cuts through bread to cakes
- Durable design
- The handle gives you a comfortable grip
- Great price
- Very sharp blade so best to be careful
5. Tojiro Bread Slicer
The following bread knife from Tojiro has a stainless steel construction with wooden handle. The utensil is a bit more expensive compared to our other knives reviewed but worth every cent. You will have fun slicing through freshly baked bread while using this knife. Furthermore, the item comes highly recommended by users. They mentioned that you could cut through different food items effortlessly. The length of the tool is 14.8-inches.
- Value for money spent
- The handle is comfortable in the hand
- Versatile to cut bread to peeling vegetables
- Only serrated on one side
- When cutting more sizeable food, the blade does bend a little
4. DALSTRONG Bread Knife
Now if you want to move away from the stainless steel blade when buying a bread knife, you need the DALSTRONG. The utensil does not rust and does not absorb oils or odors. The sharp edge has a hard black ceramic structure and is BPS-free. The cutting edge has a severe bite, and it will never need sharpening. The handle has a rubber texture for control and is bacteria resistant. Included you receive a sheath, polishing cloth, and magnetic closure.
- Has a sheath included to protect your hand and the blade
- Made with a ceramic cutting edge and needs no sharpening
- Comfortable handle
- Great price
- Outstanding customer service
- Designed for cutting bread to keep the cutting edge sharp
3. Genesis from Mercer Culinary
The Genesis bread knife has a tang design for balance. The Santoprene handle sits comfortably in hand and has a non-slip grip. The blade has a forged German stainless steel structure with bolsters. The tapered edge cuts through bread to fruit easily. You can cut and chop away without cutting your fingers. Included you receive a limited lifetime warranty. The utensil measures 8-inches.
- Impressive bread knife
- Well balanced
- Made from high-carbon steel
- Versatile to use
- Suitable for any chef and home user
- No complaints
2. Global Bread Knife
The next bread knife is a chef’s dream come true. The Global has an 8.75-inch measurement of molybdenum & vanadium stainless steel design. The handles in stainless steel design and molded for comfort. Furthermore, it has a dimpled structure for a safe grip. You receive a lifetime warranty included. With the utensil, you can cut through bread and peel vegetables & fruit. You will master cutting French loaves quickly with the knife in hand.
- Great to use for cutting hard crusts
- Designed with a scalloped edge
- The handles sand-filled for balance
- Minor complaints the handle is small when used with larger hands
1. ZELITE INFINITY Bread Knife
The ZELITE Infinity might not be as expensive as the Global but is the best bread knife you can own. Whether you are a specialized chef or a home cook, you can benefit when buying this kitchen utensil. The knife has a multipurpose design and measures 10-inch. The blade has German steel construction for lasting performance. The full tang handle offers you comfort and a perfect balance. The serrated teeth have a wavy design, and you receive a risk-free 15-year warranty. You can cut through soft to hard bread easily.
- You receive it in beautiful packaging
- Well balanced
- High carbon steel design to last a lifetime
- The handles comfortable and smooth
- Not versatile to slice through fine foods
If you need the best bread knife to cut through freshly baked bread and other treats, make sure to find yourself one here. Try one out each brand offers you durability, versatility, and comfortable use. Depending on your pocket, you can get an affordable to more expensive cutting knife here. There is no need of spending a fortune, as the OXO Good Grips is ideal to use in any home. Are you a chef and need more flair to show off your skills the Global knives look stunning to display. We hope our top 10 bread knives in 2020 helps you to find one to fit in with your kitchen – try them out and decide for yourself.