Music is a trending topic since the first time it ever came into practice in the human culture. Ever since then, people started playing it and with the invention of a gramophone to speakers and headphones, listening to music has become “fast and quick”. Especially, the idea of us using jukeboxes gave birth to modern day Bluetooth headphones that we use now in our home and outdoors. The best thing about these gadgets are that they are portable. Don’t have a power source to power up your speakers? These battery driven boomboxes are your solution. No wires, no cables, just connect your device to these speakers and enjoy the music.
No matter where you want to listen to music, these gadgets are your best bet. Be it an outdoor party or just an urge to listen to some loud mellow music with a serene view in front of you, these Bluetooth will give you the perfect sound quality for those moments. Some of these are even water resistant while some are completely waterproof. Regardless, let us take a look at ten of the best Bluetooth speakers in 2020.
Also see: Best Smart Luggage in 2020
Best Bluetooth Speakers
10. Anker Soundcore Flare
The new Anker Soundcore Flare is among those products that tend to break the monotonous style of products that a company produces. So is the case for Anker Soundcore Flare from Anker. The brand itself might not be the first choice that might come to your mind but yes, they did differentiate their market from the mass market of electronic sound devices. Their catch is that they make products that are cheap enough and yet can stand out in their quality in both sound and build.
Still, since it is cheap, you have to give up on your expectations or at least compromise with your levels of expectations. You will find the build to be really impressive since the product is given a great upgrade. Starting from the look to the design, it is altogether impressive. The whole speaker is wrapped up in a mesh of smooth feeling and gray looking fabric. The design is greatly impressive.
- Design: The shape is almost cylindrical with a tapering dimension as it reaches the top of the body.
- Connectivity: It uses a Bluetooth version of 4.2.
- Sound: The sound quality is more or less good but does have it’s fair share of drawbacks.
- Battery Life: It has a decently impressive battery life of 12 hours.
- LED Bottom: An LED ring at the bottom enables the user to have a fun experience.
- You can easily maneuver through the device since it has an array of buttons like the play/pause button, the volume buttons, the LED buttons and a special BassUp button.
- The Anker Soundcore Bluetooth Speaker is very lightweight and weighs 569 grams to be exact.
- Therubbery covering over the charging port and other ports is hard to remove with bare fingers.
- The battery life turns out to be almost half of what Anker promises.
9. JBL Flip 4
Just when you think which manufacturers make some of the best speakers, JBL comes in with their wide range of Bluetooth Speakers even in 2020. In fact, JBL will take your preferences by storm and keep you in awe with what they have to offer in each of their Bluetooth speakers. One such Bluetooth speaker in 2020 is the JBL Flip 4. It has a great design just like th Flip 3 but it is waterproof. You can easily detect the pause/play button, the pairing button and the volume buttons. You can seamlessly play the music without any lag even at 50 feet distance. The sound is better.
- Design: The design is cylindrical with two bass exhausts at both the ends.
- Connectivity: It supports a Bluetooth version 4.2.
- Sound: The sound quality is as expected and amazing.
- Battery Life:JBL claims the battery life to be around 12 hours.
- Waterproof: This version of the JBL Flip series is IPX7 approved.
- Weight: It weights at almost 0.816 kgs.
- Dimensions: 3.6 x 3.6 x 8.5 inches
- You can expect the Bluetooth speaker to work just fine even after submerging it in water for around 30 minutes.
- You can afford all of these features all under the guarantee of JBL at a price of 99$.
- The Connect+ feature disables the function of connecting your JBL Flip 4 to the previous generation of the JBL speakers.
- The battery life turns out to be not even half of what JBL claims it to be at full volume.
8. Fugoo Style
We always look for a perfect blend or balance of features in the next Bluetooth speaker they plan to buy. This experiment ends us up in going for a speaker that needs sacrificing factors or simply ends up in being Fugoo Style as the choice to go with. This speaker comes all packed and coated with toughness and resistance. IT sill somehow manages to bring a 360 degree sound experience with its speakers on both of its sides. The best part is the battery that tends to actually live up to the 40 hours claim of sustainability.
- Design: The design is made to be durable and the speaker plays music on both sides and thus has a triangular shape.
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.2 is what you get but no NFC.
- Sound: The sound quality is more or less average since the highs have distortions at full volume and lows have a lacking in bass.
- Battery Life:Fugoo claims this one to have 40 hours of battery life.
- Waterproof: The Bluetooth speaker is weatherproof, tough and waterproof. Hence the IPX67 approved.
- Weight: IT weighs almost half a kilogram.
- Dimensions: 4 x 7 x 9 inches.
- You can take it with you in extreme conditions and even in moments of biking in mountain roads.
- It has an extremely monstrous battery life.
- You will not be able to use NFC pairing.
- The bass is not satisfactory enough and so are the highs.
7. UE Boom
The UE Boom is another of the rocking bluetooth speakers in 2020 brought by Logitech. This is a sort of an upgraded version of what the Fugoo Style. IT is a 360 degree speaker that can be placed both vertically and horizontally. it is a great speaker for outdoors since it has more richer sound than the Fugoo or the Flip 4. IT can pair with up to 8 devices at once, the mesh fabric is made to give it a both classy look alongside durability.
The UE Boom Bluetooth speaker has its own app for better controlling despite control buttons atone end. They are uncovered but Logitech has made a move to provide a rubber covering for it. Although the microphone works great but audibility outdoors might fluctuate. The mids are the best for this speaker but the highs tend to get distorted. It covers a rang of up to 50 feet without any sort of lag or break.
- Design: The Bluetooth speaker is made cylindrical for ease pf placement in both horizontal and vertical ways.
- Connectivity: IT uses a Bluetoooth version 4.2.
- Sound: The sound quality is more than good.
- Battery Life: The battery life is around 15 hours.
- Water Resistant: The speaker is water resistant but submerging it is not a good idea.
- You can expect it to be louder than the Flip or the Fugoo.
- It is a great companion for outdoor uses.
- You will see that the ports are not covered.
- The Bluetooth speaker does have a lag in the highs.
6. JBL Charge 3
JBL still manages to come yet again to this list of Best Bluetooth speakers in 2020 with another of its popular speakers, the JBL Charge 3. The design is cylindrical with a rubbery fabric that resists water. It has a stand on one side and works as a power bank and hence the name. The sound is good in lows and highs but the backgrounds in the mids need work.
- Design: The design is pretty basic and usually what is expected from the range of JBL speakers. It is cylindrical with two bass radiators on both sides. It easily covers 50 feet distances.
- Dimensions: The Bluetooth speaker measures at 9.1 x 3.4 x 3.5 inches
- Connectivity: The Bluetooth still tends to be a version of 4.1.
- Weight: It is not too heavy nor too light when it packs a weight of 0.816 kgs.
- Battery Life: The claim and testing prove that the JBL Charge 3 actually hasa battery duration of 20 hours.
- Waterproof: The JBL Charge 3 I made to be waterproof and IPX7 approved so that you never miss out on a pool party.
- You can charge your devices with the speaker since it also serves as a powerbank with its USB output port.
- It is really loud and perfect for outdoors and especially for poolside music playback.
- You might find the sound to be satisfying enough to some extent but the mids that the speaker has to offer is not satisfying enough.
- The Bluetooth version is old.
5. Bang and Olufsen Beoplay P2
Just when you thought, “Okay, I probably want a Bluetooth speaker that fits in my hand. I wish there would be light enough, powerful enough to give me good music and last long at the same time.”, Bang and Olufsen have brought to you the capsule shaped mini Bluetooth speaker Beoplay P2 that has an incredible battery life. The Bang and Olufsen Beoplay P2 Bluetooth speakers have only button at the bottom equipped with a gesture feature. You can do the rest by using the app. The battery life is impressive and so is the sound for the size it comes. It has a deep and rich bass aside from random drawbacks. It sadly uses a USB C Type port for charging.
- Design: the design is somewhat like a capsule and outer body is made of Aluminium.
- Dimensions: 5.5 x 3.1 x 1.1 inches
- Connectivity: It has a Bluetooth version of 4.2 despite the size.
- Sound: The sound is pretty impressive for its size but still might not satisfy you.
- Battery Life: This small speaker can home a battery that supplies music playback time of up to 10 hours.
- Splashproof: It is made water resistant with an aluminum cover.
- Weight: It weighs at about 275 gram.
- You can expect this bluetooth speaker to work for more than hours.
- It has a gesture to play and pause your music playback.
- Themids and highs are not impressive if you cannot compromise with sound.
- The physical buttons are not present and you need an app to operate it.
Bose kicks in again to up their game even in this list of Best Bluetooth Speakers in 2020. This time, they have come with The Bose SOundLink Mini II, a speaker that has come as a sequel or a compensation to what has been found missing in the previous version. IT is now equipped with buttons for playback and powering up. It has a voice assist that enables auto pairing. Not only that, it also offers the sort of quality you can expect from a Bose audio device. It has a better battery and charging options too.
- Design: The design is rather similar to Bose SoundLink Mini. It is shaped like a three-dimensional rectangle that sits horizontally.
- Dimensions: It has a measurement of 4.6 x 8.9 x 5 inches.
- Weight: It weighs at about 0.68 kgs considering the speakers is small in size.
- Battery Life: This Bluetooth speaker too hones a battery life of 10 hours.
- Sound: The sound is very impressive for what it has to offer compared i=to its size and price.
- AutoPairing: It easily pairs automatically as soon as it is turned on.
- You can easily trust that the music playback is great for its size and there is barely any harshness reported.
- It can also be charged with a micro USB alongside its charging deck.
- You will be disappointed to know that the Bose SoundLink Mini II is not waterproof and neither splashproof.
- Since it is made of aluminium, the risks of this surviving a fall is compromised
3. Denon Envaya (DSB – 250BT)
The Denon Envaya is definitely one of the Bluetooth speakers that are here to dominate the market and probably have a neck to neck battle with the speakers from Bose and JBL. The design is made to fit in your bag in order to cover a wider area and the dual bass radiators help keep the bass or the lows rich. It also does an impressive job with the mids and highs. Despite being heavy, it has to offer good sound and controls.
- Design: The design is pretty basic with the two bass radiators on the front side of the speaker and two rubbery supports on the two sides of the block.
- Dimension: 2.9 x 8.2 x2.9 inches is what the measurements are for this gadget.
- Weight: It has a weight of .75 kgs.
- Connectivity: It is both Bluetooth and NFC enabled. It uses a Bluetooth version of 3.0
- Sound: The sound quality is marvelous and equals to Bose or JBL.
- Battery Life: It claims to have a battery life of 13 hours.
- Waterresistant:Yes, it is water resistant.
- TheDenon Envaya (DSB- 250BT) has an abundance of buttons on both the and right side for ease of control.
- It has a good supply of bass with the help of its dual radiators.
- You will definitely find the speaker to be relatively heavier than a usual bluetooth speaker.
- The buttons are stiff and often miss presses.
2. Bose SoundLink Revolve+
Bose has a wide array of speakers to choose from, be it a mini or a 360 degree surround sound speakers. They make sure to keep in mind the features alongside the sound quality since you pay for a good price for it. The Bose SoundLink revolve tends to be a cylindrical speaker that delivers sound from all around its surface. It even comes in with a thread like handle for ease of handling. It can be charged in a cradle or a USB port.
- Design: the design is pretty impressive with a cylindrical basket resembling shape that has a handle on top. The body is covered by a smooth and shiny aluminium texture.
- Connectivity:It uses both NFC and Bluetooth 4.2.
- Dimensions: 7.25 x 4 inches
- Weight: Almost a kg or .907 kgs precisely.
- Sound: The 360 degree surround sound and excellent sound quality is qorthy of mentioning.
- Battery Life: This lantern like music device has a battery duration of 16 hours.
- Resistances: It is both resistant to water (IPX4 approved) and shock. This means, be it a trip to the ocean or a topsy-turvy cycling journey, it will stay just okay.
- You can expect more than some ordinary level of music playback compared to the size it comes in.
- Its durability and design make it one of the best Bluetooth speakers among its competitors.
- For ease of charging, you need to buy an additional charging stand or cradle for 30$.
- The price may be too much for a small speaker like this.
1. Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless
Since this is where the best Bluetooth speaker marks the end of the top ten best Bluetooth Speakers in 2020, the best bluetooth Speaker for 2020 comes named as Bowers and Wilkins Zeppelin Wireless. This product undoubtedly gives you the best experience that a Bluetooth speaker can provide but this comes at the luxury of affording it at an astounding price of 700$.
- Design: IT has a rather cigar like shape or simply put, a parabolic shape. It is highly reinforced with glass fiber ribs for thickening and firming the container.
- Dimensions: It has a dimension of 26 x 7.2 x 7.4 inches.
- Weight: It weighs a monstrous amount of 6.5 kgs.
- Connectivity: It runs on Bluetooth version 4.1 or Ethernet.
- Sound: The sound quality is undoubtedly one of the best. Be it the highs, the mids or the lows, it hits them with all the right intensities.
- Battery Life: Not Applicable.
- You can experience the best of the sound qualities with their robust build, powerful subwoofers and the enlarged shape in this speaker.
- It has an uninterrupted connection.
- You might be disappointed to know that, it runs on AC power surfces and thus has no rechargeable batteries.
- The connecting process for this is not as simple as it is, in case of other Bluetooth speakers.
The bunch of Bluetooth Speakers in 2020 has undoubtedly some of the most surprising features this range of gadgets can offer. The foremost feature of portability has been very impressively covered by each of the speakers. It ranges from having the most user-oriented shapes and featuring some of the most sound enhancement oriented engineering. Since, Bluetooth speakers are meant to be portable or in other words to be taken outside, the necessity of making it waterproof is actually being noticed. Although each of these gadgets have their drawbacks, the manufacturers have kept in mind the necessity of providing a particular aspect to differentiate themselves and thus capture a niche market.